Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in need of a new set of rear rubber. I'm going to get an Avon AV46 because I've read that they last quite a while.
My question is do ya'll mount your own tires , or take it to the dealership and have them do it?
I've changed many a dirtbike tire  but never a street bike tire. I was wondering if they have to be balanced or   are they just a pain in the azz to do.

I've got tire spoons and the like and can do it myself. Just wondering if that is something that should be done at a dealer?
thanx

· Registered
1,803 Posts
If you don't have the equipment, take your wheel off yourself and bring it to a tire shop with your new rubber. Lot's cheaper than a dealer, lot's less hassle than trying this yourself with just a couple of spoons.

· Registered
13 Posts
I agree with Tony. Take the wheel off and take wheel and tire to the shop for mounting and balancing. Actually, I buy my tires at a local shop, and they mount and balance them for free if you bring in the wheel. Tire cost not much more than internet (incl shipping). Perhaps there's such a shop in your area? And yes, they should be balanced. And no, you can't go to Goodyear - need a motorcycle shop.

Bill K

G

·
i am pretty sure most car places dont have motorcycle wheel machines
take it to a bike dealer
yes it has to be balanced mount and balance should be about 30 bucks
thats what it cost me 25-30 bucks make sure they balance it though

· Registered
551 Posts
i work at a car dealership... and was gonna use the car machines for mounting my new rubber. we have a upright balencer. i would stick-on weights...it this is a bad idea...someone please tell me.

· Registered
1,803 Posts
Most car machines will work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.