Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Got T-boned by a car pulling an illegal U-turn. And also failed to remain at the scene. Won't go into accident details as justice will be served shortly.

My ankle is sore from getting pinned between the right heelguard and the front of the car. Some other stuff feels a little sore, I know a few new things are going to be throbbing by the morning.

Shift shaft, left peg, left clip on and bar end mirror are broken. Rad is bent (more so than before). Right rearset is bent. Left frame slider is a little scuffed. Pretty sure my helmet hit the sidewalk at some point. Rad house is punctured.

Balls. Baaaaaallls. BAAALLLSSSS.

I am, however, still optimistic that I will be able to find a replacement clip on (or set of clip ons) before Friday. Everything else I either have spares or can just make **** happen.

Stay safe, brothers. Them crazies are out and about.

·
MOTORADOR
10,953 Posts
That sucks man. Hope you heal quick and get back on the saddle soon.

P.S. I dig your headlights. Aztecs?

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, gents. Aztec8 dual 5 3/4" with the optional flyscreen, speedo bracket and fork tube mounting brackets.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Just wondering, how did you get t-boned while someone was doing an illegal uturn? I can't picture it in my head but I would like to know so I can be more cautious if I see it coming. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Car pulls to the right, appears to park. You continue straight, get close. He pulls a U turn, hits you.

Just guessing.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
That really sucks, man. Hope the ankle feels better and this doesn't totally blow your moto vacation.

Just wondering, how did you get t-boned while someone was doing an illegal uturn? I can't picture it in my head but I would like to know so I can be more cautious if I see it coming. Thanks!
He probably can't elaborate until after the police report and insurance is all settled - at least, he shouldn't on a public forum (and appears he knows that based on his initial post).

·
Registered
290 Posts
Get fully checked out by a doctor, mri anywhere it hurts etc. Things appear later that you never would have thought about and best to get checked early.

I got hit by a van making an illegal uturn on my way to work last fall. Two left turn lanes (with the left arrows), I was in the "left" left turn lane and he was in the "right" left turn lane. Signal on, approach slowly (about 10 mph) look left and start going left and then all I saw was the white side of the van hitting me on my right. Pavement hurt more than hitting the van. He looped way out into the intersection and came back at me to make his uturn. He never saw me until I was on the ground.

Btw, he didn't have a license but the owner had insurance. I'm better after 7 months of physical therapy but will have the compressed discs and one torn disc in my lower back as a souvenire for pretty much ever.

Stay safe, they really don't see you.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hope it works out for you OP. Good thing about rearsets is that they're replaceable :)

^^That blows, the guy ddin't have a license? I hope he got shafted by the court

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, I'll be holding details regarding the accident for the time being.

2 birds w/ one stone: picked up a set of clip ons from a guy who's on a local riding forum (he works at a near by hospital) and got myself checked out while I was there. Just a sprained ankle, some abrasion and bruising :)

Ordered a replacement shift shaft + spare, spare toe piece and replacement foot peg. I'll be using a spare foot peg and 2pc shifter for now. Will definitely be looking into getting aftermarket clip ons in the near future.. track riding aside, being able to have modular spares is great even for a street bike.

Tonight: bend the bike back into shape, load up camping gear
Tomorrow AM: get a fresh front tire installed
Tomorrow Noon: roll out for some awesome camping action... wearing a 1pc suit, back protector and high mother******* viz vest.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Ahh ok thank god you're ok OP! I'll wait for the story later =] and because of your post, I went to Home Depot yesterday and bought a highvis worker vest (the ones they use on the freeway, neon yellow) for my night rides now!

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Wow, just posted about my camping trip tomorrow. Maybe I should stay off my bike till then...

Glad you are mostly okay.

I really like that GP muffler. Who made it?

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow, just posted about my camping trip tomorrow. Maybe I should stay off my bike till then...

Glad you are mostly okay.

I really like that GP muffler. Who made it?
Danmoto. I love the look but it's definitely an affordable product of the People's Republic of China. Although it sounds great it's also mind-boggling loud even with the baffle.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
4 hours later...

Had to break out the official Woodcraft tools (rubber mallet and a 4' pipe). Funny enough, I think this is the straightest the radiators been in years.

Rear brake pedal is seized on to the foot peg, aside from that she's good to go. Visible in the first pic is where the lip of my front rim ate some curb.

Camping-- **** yeah.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
my brake pedal also seized on my woodcraft peg. i think its because the peg itself is slightly bent causing friction between the two components.

you getting new pedal for it? did you get it unseized somehow?

have fun on your camping trip!

·
Premium Member
4,340 Posts
Care to list the gear you were wearing at the time?

Oh, and tell use more about that motovacation since it looks like you'll make it.

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Don't forget to post pictuuuuures!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts