Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i just bought some motosliders this labor day weekend to take advantage of the sale they had. good price huh! well anyways i have a 2005 sv650s with shogan framesliders on the bike right now and the shogans use two short bolts to go into the frame with. when i took the shogans off to put the better motosliders on, the long bolt wouldnt go thro all the way to the other side. so i took the bolt out to see what it was catchin up on and to my amazment i couldnt see thro the hole to the other side. theres no hole going all the way thro the chassis and motor for this long bolt to go thro.

i dont know what to do, i sent an email to motosliders askin if i did something wrong and whatnot. do the 99-05 framesliders not work for 05 bikes? i dont get it... does the shogan framesliders use different bolt holes than the motosliders do?

need some help here guys, im at a loss as to why my bolt hole doesnt go all the way thro. ???

bolt hole guys... not butthole... ;D

·
Registered
176 Posts
psstt...look at the pictures on the instructions, see how the bolt for the motosliders goes through the frame at a completely different location than your other sliders? ;)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the images in the instructrions are for a 1st gen SV, so they're of little help. fyi ::)

ok will try to find the 17mm bolts, thanx guys

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yeah, I understand.  I have a first gen, and ever since Suzuki moved the engine in the second gens, I get lost on some of those instructions as well.  ;)

·
Registered
176 Posts
the positioning of the bolts for the 1st and 2nd are similar as far as the sliders are concerned. there's only 2 possible choices and one of them is/was previously occupied by your older sliders. process of elimination...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya i figured it out now... shogans went thro different bolt holes... i just thought all sliders went into the same holes, thought wrong. anyways... theres only one bolt on each side for the 1st gens (kinda easy to figure out) and theres 3 bolts on each side for the 2nd gen. thanx for the sarcasm... :-\

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have shoguns too and I just bought motosliders. For one retarded moment, I was like wow I could have 2 sets of sliders on my bike ;D

·
Vendor
966 Posts
I've never had anyone else say that they had a problem with the pic in the instructions being first gen, so I didn't change it. Maybe I'll add an additional pic of a second gen bike.

·
Registered
6 Posts
sv650nate said:
I've never had anyone else say that they had a problem with the pic in the instructions being first gen, so I didn't change it. Maybe I'll add an additional pic of a second gen bike.
I just installed my motos last night and I went to your website to double check where the sliders were s'posed to go on my '05. So yeah, I think it'd be a good idea to show both gens in your instructions...or tell us to go to your website.

Great sliders.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
If I recall correctly the instruction's say something about the main engine mount. Regardless of the generation the bolt that passes through the engine and through both sides of the frame is still the main engine mount.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
not everyone knows that... i just took for grantid the motosliders would go in the same place as the shogans.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
When i fitted my R&Gs the first time, I removed the rubbish Motrax Top Blox that were fitted to the bike when I bought it... And of course, didn't have the bolts that they'd replaced. So I ended up riding around for weeks with 2 sets of bungs on. Always got a pasting from anyone who noticed :) (the old R&Gs went into the same hole as the Motosliders, but I reckon weren't as good)

If I had lowers on, I'd put the Motrax ones back on now though, they'd be hidden :) Any protection is good protection.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts