Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

521 - 540 of 4096 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,847 Posts
Whoa... Very upsetting. People like that scare the crap out of me.

That guy spent more time in the other lane in a double-yellow zone than he did in his own lane. Those oncoming riders were lucky.

Really, the rider started the whole thing by passing in a double-yellow. I'm sure he didn't expect that reaction, but it was a bad choice on his part. Most likely though, this driver would have acted the same if it was a passing zone.

I'm surprised the driver didn't take off at the end.

Jay

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
holy crap.
i can't read through the comments easily, but is there anything that says what the outcome of the police showing up was?
I quickly browsed through the comments and most of it jabber about who was legally right or wrong. Nothing telling me what happened after the police arrived...

I couldn't watch it with audio. Anything worth hearing?

Makes me glad I can call 911 from my headset, and makes me wish I had a GoPro.

The argument at the end the only verbal audio in the whole vid. The guy in the pick up trucks tries to come off as the victim and yells all kind of ridiculous **** about "crotch rockets" with a metal pipe in his hand. The guy following the truck all this time states that he has caught everything on film and calls the police. Then the video ends.

·
Registered
364 Posts
WOW. Pretty infuriating. Yeah rider no. 1 did pass illegally. But i see it (as i assume most all of us saw) rider no.1 was pretty much only putting himself in danger at that point. Truck driver Put MANY others in danger with his actions.

Im glad i live in an area where motorists who are sharing the favorite roads will most likely wave a rider on in situations like that.

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
If the bike was slower of the guy wasn't accelerating hard enough, he would have been in the ditch. That's attempted vehicular manslaughter. Only reason the redneck didn't kill someone was that he failed at it, not that he restrained himself in any way.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Personally, the minute the guy pulled the crowbar and started advancing toward the following rider is the minute that I would have drawn and acquired a sight picture. That was attempted homicide with a motor vehicle, as well as assault (and nearly a battery charge on top), all of which was documented on film. I hope they locked his ass up for a LOOOOOOOONG time.

·
Registered
257 Posts
OFFICIAL 2010 Honda CB 1100 "A Day of Freedom" LEVY ENTERTAINMENT GROUP "Endless Skies"

Music by Levy Entertainment Group, LLC.
Composed by David Levy & David Boone
Produced & Engineered by David Levy
Post Producer & Mix by James "Jimbo" Barton
1st Engineer Conrad Ytuarte
2nd Engineer Max Allyn
Mastered By Precision Mastering's Tom Baker
Copyright 2010

Published By 1 800 PLAY (ASCAP)
Courtesy of Levy Music Publishing, LLC.

Regards from Portugal,
BF

·
Registered
774 Posts

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Well done again BF. As my handle suggests, I've long been a fan of that style of Honda/4. I'd love to do a riding tour of NZ (where that is filmed), you can crate your bike over for a reasonable cost. At $2:20/L though I'd better start saving.

·
Registered
98 Posts
If only the trailing rider would have waited until the truck was cutting the lane, across the double yellow, through of one of those sharp left turns and then proceeded to pass on the right the pick-up driver would have probably tried to cut him off too. However, he would have had to swerve quickly out of the turn to do so and with the weight of the ATV in the bed, would have started rolling his truck like dice down a craps table.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i had a guy do that to me about a week ago but he was going in the opposite direction i was. he swerved over into my lane and luckily i was able to hit the e-lane and avoid him. crazy drivers.
im not sure if this one has been posted but it cracked me up

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
521 - 540 of 4096 Posts