Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Let me reiterate. 80 feet between tight spaces that's why I don't just walk it back.

·
Premium Member
4,058 Posts
My bike can actually roll backwards... so.... I... .I just do that. :dontknow:
i agree, I sit on my bike and back up about 15 ft before I can give it gas to go to the left and to the street. At my friends house I have to back out even farther to get into the street, but its a downward slope (like most drivewaays) so no real work involved.

·
Super Moderator
3,477 Posts
My BMW had a center stand and I use to lean it over a bit and just spin it 180 and drive straight out the garage :)

Did that for 20 years and the center stand was still fine.

The SV I use reverse ... my 2 flat feet :)
Thanks for making my point! A center stand works fine for this, side stands not so well.
I'd like to ask how the side stand stood up on your Beemer, mg66?
I've never seen one more than ten years old without a spavined sidestand!

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
I just stand beside mine and wheel it out...or I lift the back of the thing... hell it only weighs about 400 pounds and most of that weight is on the front... Just turn the bars so they are at full lock... grab some solid part of the back and yank...

This did work real well on my old bike with a center stand... not as great on a bike with a side stand but the SV is easy... it is a bit harder with my Marauder.... a burnout doughnut could always work too :vroom:

Just yank on it.. no problem.... or am I underestimating the average SVer's strength??

·
Registered
275 Posts
I just stand beside mine and wheel it out...or I lift the back of the thing... hell it only weighs about 400 pounds and most of that weight is on the front... Just turn the bars so they are at full lock... grab some solid part of the back and yank...

This did work real well on my old bike with a center stand... not as great on a bike with a side stand but the SV is easy... it is a bit harder with my Marauder.... a burnout doughnut could always work too :vroom:

Just yank on it.. no problem.... or am I underestimating the average SVer's strength??

Not at all! My normal workout has me bench-pressing my SV. That third set of reps is a real killer. :)

Now to be a tiny bit more serious: I've finally gotten to where I can....micro-maneuver the bike: basically tiny back-and-forth moves turning the wheel full-lock then reversing the lock. I guess it's my poor-man's version of the bike turnaround.

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
Not at all! My normal workout has me bench-pressing my SV. That third set of reps is a real killer. :)

Now to be a tiny bit more serious: I've finally gotten to where I can....micro-maneuver the bike: basically tiny back-and-forth moves turning the wheel full-lock then reversing the lock. I guess it's my poor-man's version of the bike turnaround.

Seriously... it is not heavy most of the weight is ballanced between front and back end.... and it is easy to pivot and drag the ass end around... even if it was 50/50 weight distribution 200 is not much to drag sideways.... unless it was up hill or something... but I am not suggesting you pick it up and carry it over your shoulder... that might take a few years of jucing to accomplish

I often do this in parking lots with tight spaces.... pin the bars and pull the ass end around... it's even easier if you pivot it off the side stand...

hell this is a SV not a bloated harley or something

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'm gonna have to try it; my micro-maneuvers take far too long, and looks far too much like the above-mentioned Austin Powers golf cart bit.

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Was it under? Either way.

Props, I surely would never have made a video of me the day i learned to spin a bike and post it on youtube lol.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts