Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
My bike can actually roll backwards... so.... I... .I just do that. :dontknow:

I though the same thing. Why turn around in your garage?

·
Registered
528 Posts
I'm building a garage/barn on a house I'm in the process of buying next month. The garage is going to be 30'x50x. I drew it out and I will be able to drive my bike in park it next to the cars and then drive forward and make a big u turn around the rest of the cars and back out the door. (there is also a nice little changing room/gear storage room because I hate lugging gear into the house).

·
Super Moderator
3,477 Posts
+1 on bipedal reverse.

If your driveway's sloped, power up and coast down.

Kickstand damage is long term, not immediate. So let the bike's final owner deal with it.

My SV is the first new bike (out of eleven) that I've owned in the last thirty years,
and I'm just getting used to not putting a brick under the stand!

·
Registered
394 Posts
I'm guessing one of the reasons the OP is considering this his driveway is a hill and the garage is at the bottom of the hill...if that is the case, back into the driveway, lean forward, apply front brake, and coast down the drive way backwards to the garage...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
My bike can actually roll backwards... so.... I... .I just do that. :dontknow:
Why didn't I think of that....

Because it's stupid that's why!!! :)

My driveway is about 80 feet long and I usually have to squeeze between the side of my house and my wife's car so It kinda sucks.

·
Registered
275 Posts
In my case, because I have a one-car garage with stuff lining one side of it. I park the bike sideways at the head of the garage and pull the car in to the main area....going in or coming out, one way or the other, I'll be pulling an Austin-Powers.

·
Premium Member
2,837 Posts
is it really that hard to walk it backwards? I walk my bike backwards out of the garage (2 car w/room to turn around) and out onto the street before starting it in the mornings "i have a load exhaust and don't what to wake my son"

·
Registered
275 Posts
It's.....awkward. Not the backing out of the garage part, but the "maneuver it sideways" bit.

Let me post a pic of my bike in it's usual position.

WARNING: I royally suck at image processing, so the pic might be humongous, a tiny thumbnail, or maybe end up as Knight Rider's car for all I know.

·
Registered
275 Posts
NEVAR!!!!

Honestly, it's 1/2 of a sectional, of which said sectional of course won't fit in the living room....
I get rid of this guy, no more sectional.

Having said that, I'm looking to buy a new couch sometime this year, maybe. When I do: bye bye garage space waster.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts