Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Does anyone know of a good (quality and reasonably priced) motorcycle stand? I understund you can get universal stands that fit many bikes and attach to front and rear wheels.

I called around to a few dealers and they are going anywhere from $90 - $140. I figured I could get a stand online or from ebay. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
241 Posts
I bought vortex stands from www.indysuperbike.com
They were the least expensive around for the stands and very, very high quality and quite easy to use.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I went with the Handy Stands front back combo for $99.00. They work fine for me. I do think Pitbulls are nice, just more than I wanna pay. If I need something better then the Handy stands, I'll just make my own.

·
Registered
241 Posts
DougZ said:
I went with the Handy Stands front back combo for $99.00. They work fine for me. I do think Pitbulls are nice, just more than I wanna pay. If I need something better then the Handy stands, I'll just make my own.
Hey DougZ...do you think you could comment on the front fork stand? My roommate has one for his bike and the thing doesn't seem strong at all. There is a lot more flex in the front stand than the rear stand and I have a hell of a time using his front stand. The little nubs on the top that are supposed to fit in the recessed part of the bottom of the fork is quite difficult to get lined up. I've even had it slip off a couple times while trying to lift the front up. Very Scary
Just thought he may have gotten one from a bad batch?

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
new2sv said:
Hey DougZ...do you think you could comment on the front fork stand? My roommate has one for his bike and the thing doesn't seem strong at all. There is a lot more flex in the front stand than the rear stand and I have a hell of a time using his front stand. The little nubs on the top that are supposed to fit in the recessed part of the bottom of the fork is quite difficult to get lined up. I've even had it slip off a couple times while trying to lift the front up. Very Scary
Just thought he may have gotten one from a bad batch?
Sure...I had a lot of issues with the front stand for my Suzuki Katana, which had slightly different different length fork lower tubes, due to a pinch bolt being on one side and not the other. Now, with my SV1Ks and the GSXR track bike, its not an issue at all. Of course, with the bike on the stands, I am still careful to make sure what I am doing doesn't knock it off at all. Knocks on wood......I have never knocked off a bike of mine yet.

They are sturdy enough for me to get on and off the bike while its on the stands. I think they are good enough quality, but not the quality of Pitbull stands. I use them often, but not all the time, so for me, it was cost versus necessary quality. The Handy's were good enough for me....and the price was right.

I hope that helps you out.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Pit-bull and Vortex stands are very nice and worth the money. Don't be a cheap-ass and have a wobbly stand. Get something you will enjoy. It's not that much money...

·
Registered
485 Posts
I got a almost new, universal off ebay for 40 local pick up.
As long as you have a stand you can modify where it supports the bike with anything you want.

·
Registered
485 Posts
why do some people start off the their post with a +1
Been seeing it a lot lately?
Sorry if it's a bit off topic.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
its sad but I'm using Jack stands with bolts stuck in to the spool places. Its cheap but it is a pain in the ass to jack it up quickly but will do if all thats needed is chain cleaning and adjustment.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts