Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been thinking about this for a while now and i dont know why i didnt think about asking people here sooner....

What type of magazines do you guys subscribe to? I bought a few at the store and was wondering what one would be the best. Besides the good read....i want something has has some good tips as well...

so what do you people read and whats the best one to subscribe to?
:?:

·
Registered
6,316 Posts
I've gone back and forth a couple of times. i take motor cyclist and some times buy a cycle world or something if i see a eye chatcher :)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Roadracing World is my favorite Amurcan mag. Sport Rider is pretty decent too. British mags are where it's at but the price :(

·
Registered
212 Posts
I love Sport Rider! it has good tips and tests. they also have parts that are featured for sport bikes. since we do ride the sv it gives better tips and they also have a section that helps with riding(braking, sight, cornering, position etc)

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dom said:
I love Sport Rider! it has good tips and tests. they also have parts that are featured for sport bikes. since we do ride the sv it gives better tips and they also have a section that helps with riding(braking, sight, cornering, position etc)
nice .....thats kinda what im looking for!

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Roadracing World - For everything not street related. Great mag with tons of tips, articles, new machines and little insdier facts about M/C racing. My favorite.

Roadrunner - A great touring oriented motorcycle mag with plenty of tips, reviews and rides. Plus each mag comes with heavy duty route cards for rides. I like it as they have tons of stuff for Ohio in it every month.

Rider - Another mag more street oriented. Lots of info in here and I like their opinion over Sport Rider/Motorcyclist/Cycle World.

Motrocycle Consumer News - One of the best. It's only in black and white though. But it is the greatest motorcycle mag out there.

The four mentioned about are the only ones I read cover to cover (well plus my AMA magazine that comes every month too). The Cycle World/Sport Rider/Motorcyclist are way too squiddly to me. Their opinions are from guys who ride bikes ALL the time and mainly track oriented. This to me is useless for a "street" rider like myself. They nitpick every little thing and make it out to be a HUGE downfall for the bike. Like the latest 05 R6 front end has induces chatter at speed and a vague feeling in the damping. Come on.. .which street riding is going to notice that???

But either way... Just buy a month of two of them at Barnes & Nobles... read 'em cover to cover and see what you like. Go from there.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I gave up on Motorcyclist after a few issues of BIKE, a british mag.
Expensive ($8 or $9 per issue) but it's smartly written and a rather hefty read. Plus a little Brit humour.
They focus on street riding and have good tips on technique.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I dont subscribe to any of them, I just go to Border's book store and get a coffee and read for free!

·
Registered
45 Posts
You need to check out this new mag. 2 Wheeltuner, you can search it on the web. I bought 2 issues for $2 at the bike show. It is an American magazine, but it is similar to the euro bike mags in that it has scantily clad women in it, has unconventional buildups and real good stories that don't have to be politicaly correct. I like motorcyclist but anytime they put print articles that don't fit a wholesome image they get a ton of "cancel my subscription" letters, so 2 wheel tuner is my recomendation.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sportrider seems to be what some of you guys like so far. Seems to be pretty cheap too :D

·
Banned
363 Posts
I subscribe to ROADRACERX, which is an excellent magazine.

I also subscribe to ROADRACING WORLD - another excellent magazine.

In addition, I waste mucho $$$ on Uk's finest... Performance Bikes (ok mag), Fast Bikes (excellent!), and SuperBike (ok).

I also buy Sport Rider on a monthly basis.

As you can tell, I read a lot in my "other office" (bathroom!). :)

My wife gives me plenty of shit about spending all that money on magazines..But hey, I like to read...

·
Registered
267 Posts
I think I subscribe to them all:

Motorcycle consumer news: The best one

Motorcyclist

cycle world

sport rider

2wheel tuner

and sent in my subscription for the new sportbiker or superbiker(i think) it started as a extra to one of the larger mags and aaron frank edits it. Good read.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Road Racer X is great. The covers are great for getting autographs. The Zemke cover from last year is autographed and hanging up in my wife's cube.

Fast Bikes, while expensive, has those nice "Posters" in the center. :wink:
Two Wheels Only is another good UK magazine.

Rick

·
Registered
25 Posts
I love Sport Rider & Road Racer X.

Sport Rider has a special edition each year around Christmas. It is titled racing photo Annual. Unbelievable pics from the past season! This is not included in your Sport Rider subscription but is well worth the $5.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
I was just going to say RoadRacerX and the last few posters finally did. I plan to subscribe when one of my other 3 are up. I get Motorcyclists, Cycleworld and Sport Rider.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I like sport rider and now super street bike.Lots of stunts and custom bikes.motor cyclist just pissed me off, in the last issue that I bought,they quoted that if one wants a mellower(sissy) bike than an I-4 shoudn't be considered but the SV should.go figure!

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
motorcycle consumer news is far and away the best thing out there. they accept no commercial ads so they can remain unbiased. it's the only mag i ever read that will admit when a product is crap. the others all seem to be kissing someones butt, also they are all mirror images of each other. but i do read cycle world too, just for the cool pictures. (they don't do you any good for the real world.)

·
Registered
126 Posts
My coworker slapped the latest issue of Road Racer X on my desk the other day as a little gift. Turns out, he's great friends with the guys who started Racer X and helped them start the mag. Racer X is a big deal around here (Morgantown, WV) as it's right by where Racer X got its start.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts