Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently pitched my idea for motorcycle parking to senior management where I work, and they actually went for it!  As of this week, my SV650 has a reserved parking space at work.  Here's the memo I wrote to pitch the idea, followed by a photo:

"Motorcycles are a viable, and these days a very economical form of transportation.  Motorcycle commuting conserves gasoline and reduces congestion, on the highway and in the parking lot.  There are several staff members who ride motorcycles, and some of us ride to work regularly.

I propose we create a motorcycle parking area in the parking lot, using one existing parking space at the southwest corner of the lot, beside the alley and the fence.  This would require striping off that corner of the lot and erecting a sign by the curb to indicate motorcycle parking.

The southwest corner of the lot would be the best spot for motorcycle parking, because the bikes would be protected by the curb along the alley and by the fence beside the parking lot.  In addition, that corner is near the building entrance which would reduce the risk of theft or vandalism.

There is enough room to easily park 3-4 bikes in that particular space.  It would free up parking spaces for automobiles, if all the motorcycles ridden to work could be parked in a single space, rather than using a separate parking space for each motorcycle.

Please consider this idea and let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Stephen"

I think it was the idea of freeing up spaces for cars that sold the idea, because the parking situation gets pretty tight in the company lot at times.  Woo-hoo!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Excellent idea.  Glad it worked out for you.  Now you probably have less walking to do to get to the building, right?  ;)

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
nice job. you might want to ask them to drill some eyebolts in there for people to lock up to if they choose.

btw blue font = bad. i have to highlight it to read it.

·
OberKommandant
6,133 Posts
Nice idea, and you could probably put six bikes in there if you tried.

·
Registered
60 Posts
that rocks!
i thought i was the only lucky one. our president rides a bike so bike parking is literally right in front of the door. covered to boot....

;D

·
Premium Member
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
btw blue font = bad. i have to highlight it to read it.
Sorry about the font color.  :-[

BTW, did ya hear about the lady typesetter?

She had a "bluefont" hairdo?  ;D

·
Registered
89 Posts
Nice work! That's excellent. I know some people whine whenever they see a motorcycle taking up a "whole" parking space. Now they'll probably b**ch about all that space used up just for motorcycle-only parking ;D

·
Registered
89 Posts
moto_ufo said:
Nice work! That's excellent.  I know some people whine whenever they see a motorcycle taking up a "whole" parking space.  Now they'll probably b**ch about all that space used up just for motorcycle-only parking  ;D
YES!!! This post above made me a "Jr Member". Goodbye lowly newbie status!

·
Registered
398 Posts
I got you beat. I have an ASSIGNED space right next to the door AND motorcycle parking on top of it. ;) Plus our cycle parking is in a place that cars have no busniess driving so it unlikely someone will bump them.
;D

·
Registered
127 Posts
congratulations man!

thats one small step for man, one giant leap for motorcycle kind

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thats awesome 8), our church has four spaces right up front next to the handicap spots just for all the motorcycles. But the bad thing just about every sunday us motorcyclist find four cagers parked in them :mad: I think I am going to write a note telling them to make an announcement that the stripped parking spots when the BIG WHITE LETTERS that say Motorcycle parking only is ONLY FOR MOTORCYCLES. Sorry but its a pet peeve of mine when cages park in motorcycle spots. Kudos on scouting out a location that help reduce cars bumping them and vandalism/theft too.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
+1.

On college campuses, the big plus to me riding my bike is the ridicously close parking compared to cages. 

oh, and my work place pretty much lets me park anywhere in the back which is nice since the timeclock is back there too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts