Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm helping a buddy find a good deal on a mesh riding jacket, and thought I'd let you all know that motorcyclecloseouts.com is blowing out a ton of FieldSheer merch. You can get a padded mesh mc jacket, with waterproof liner, for a little as sixty bucks.

This is the one I'm recommending:

http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/sport/mesh+motorcycle+jackets/fieldsheer_high+temp+mesh+jacket#

The FieldSheer High Temp jacket. It's a $220 retail jacket (street price around $200). Well-made and nicely-styled. With CE-armor everywhere, cordura along the shoulders and outer arms (for better abrasion resistance than mesh), and a waterproof/windproof zip-in liner. Plus, you can get it in a light color. (Why do most summer jackets only come in black or dark colors?) I've seen it in stores, and it is nice. ON SALE NOW FOR $99.00!!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Looks like everyday prices to me... I look on that site a lot since they are only about 45 min away.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Sweet!!! Nice find and thanks for passing that along to the gen pop!! We need to have more of this to help everyone save some money and get some good gear.

:)

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like everyday prices to me... I look on that site a lot since they are only about 45 min away.
You obviosly didn't look, or didn't understand what I was referring to.

The closeouts are on discontinued FieldSheer, and it's basically half off retail. Yes, this is a "closeout" website (the word "closeout" is in their name... duh), so whatever closeout merch they have is usually pretty cheap, BUT

FieldSheer is good stuff, and it's rarely discounted. The jacket that I posted, the "everyday" price is $189 - $220. Sorry, but ninety-nine bucks is not the "everyday" price -- not even on that website (it was around $200, IIRC). Point of comparison, that site is also selling the matching pants -- at full price less a modest ($10) discount -- $169.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I know this was an old thread, but I figured I'd just add a new post to it.

Bikebandits.com is doing some pretty sweet closeout sales on last years jackets.

It's hot as balls down here all summer, so I wanted something very light - found a Yoshimura mesh for $57 shipped - that price included an additional 10% discount for putting in the code custreview34 during checkout.

They have a tone of fieldsheer gear in the $60-80 range as well. So, if you need a light jacket, now is the time.

The only catch is that they are sold out of some colors and some sizes in certain jackets. The one I originally wanted wasn't available in any grown up sizes - which is probably why it's so cheap in closeout.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts