Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to install a front cylinder connecting rod without splitting the case?

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Probably possible, but not done properly.

Take the time to do everything properly and use new bearings while you are in there. It really isn't that hard to split the cases

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is possible and I have done it properly. Had to use an old school dial torque wrench but it is spot on according to my Snap-On micro-clicker torque wrench.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some people want the cheap fix, and my buddy was one of them. I did it cause he asked me to. Would I recommend it... NO, but it is possible.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IDK yet but when it comes to me I'll make another thread, but until then :vroom:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Plastigauge per page 3-59 (conrod-crank pin bearing selection) of the manual. The conrod removed from the motor was stamped 2 so I ordered another one. There is several tables that lay out what clearances need to be. There was no damage to the crank and it ended up being the same bearing that came out of it. Brown if I'm not mistaken. His crank was etched with a 2 for both front and rear.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I think he was questioning how you were able to put the plasti-guage in without out moving the rod at all (any rotation smears the plasti). I have a hard enough time with everything out on a bench.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think he was questioning how you were able to put the plasti-guage in without out moving the rod at all (any rotation smears the plasti). I have a hard enough time with everything out on a bench.
No lie that was the trickiest part took three sets of hands. I should have taken video of that its a little hard to explain, but multiple attemps were made.

·
Registered
667 Posts
No lie that was the trickiest part took three sets of hands. I should have taken video of that its a little hard to explain, but multiple attemps were made.
You can not torque the rod bolts with the cases closed without rotating the rod, a lot. If you put it together without measuring it that's fine. I guess I was just wondering why you asked a question you thought you already knew the answer to?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You can not torque the rod bolts with the cases closed without rotating the rod, a lot. If you put it together without measuring it that's fine. I guess I was just wondering why you asked a question you thought you already knew the answer to?
I have done it, and it is possible.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 15 of 15 Posts