Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys/gals, I'm considering purchasing a leftover 2004 SV650S to be ridden 80% on the street, 20% on the track (track days, no checkered flag involved).  Is there anything I should be worried about with the '04 motor??  For some reason I thought I remembered some sort of motor problem that plaqued the newer SVs, but I could be wrong.  FYI - I'm kind of a fatty at about 235lbs in full race gear.

Also tell me the best source for exhaust...I need a high mount, and I'm looking to get rid of all the passenger gear.  Is the FI programmable or is it an Eprom chip?

Thanks for your help.

Doug Rafeld
'98 Ducati 916mp
'00 HD Fatboy
NESBA #400 intermediate

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
dont worry about motor.
get Leo Vince.
it is programable

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So where is the best place to buy Leo Vince's online? And....my buddy who is a sales guy is going to sell me the brand new 04 for $6,160 out the door. Is this a good price?

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
A little high  for a leftover '04  5900 sounds more reasonable to me

here's a link i found for some leo vince exhausts....shop around you might find a better deal.
http://www.exoticsportbike.com/sv650_(2004).htm

and also Onieda suzuki exhaust page for comparison:
https://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/customer/home.php?cat=670

and last but not least , My fav...holeshot
http://www.holeshot.com
and yes dont worry about the motor unless you plan on doing extended wheelies.

·
Registered
687 Posts
maverickma said:
So where is the best place to buy Leo Vince's online? And....my buddy who is a sales guy is going to sell me the brand new 04 for $6,160 out the door. Is this a good price?
WOW that is NOT a buddy. that is someone trying to bend you over. i shelled out 5,600 OTD back in 04 for my svs ! i have seen left over sv1000s go for less then that. ::)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
maverickma said:
I hope your buddy is going to use lube as your purchasing that bike, I bought mine a little better than a month ago for $5400.00 ;D

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK , slow down here with the lube jokes....I've heard people say $5400 and $5600.  Was this including tax and motor vehicle fees?  The $6161 I'm talking about includes everthing.  If your prices include all the fees, I'll shop around some more.

And if someone can tell me where to go in NJ or the surrounding states to find these prices....I owe you a drink.

·
Registered
687 Posts
maverickma said:
OK , slow down here with the lube jokes....I've heard people say $5400 and $5600. Was this including tax and motor vehicle fees? The $6161 I'm talking about includes everthing. If your prices include all the fees, I'll shop around some more.

And if someone can tell me where to go in NJ or the surrounding states to find these prices....I owe you a drink.
heheheh that is slow for lube jokes here ;) anyway mine was out the door i got nicked again when i went to the DMV if that is what you meant by motor vehicle fees.. cant help with NJ maybe someone else can jump in i live in Mass 8)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Keep the quotes coming everyone!! Come on!! Need to get a feel for the price.

·
Registered
14 Posts
maverickma said:
Keep the quotes coming everyone!! Come on!! Need to get a feel for the price.
Not sure if this helps, since I bought it used but I got an 03' SV650s for $4600 shipped from a guy in Alaska off these forums, 3.3k miles.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
OTD ? I have no clue what registration & taxes are in your state

a frine of mine bought a nekid 05 back in April for $5500 + NH registration

that included extended warranty that I think is a waste

·
Registered
398 Posts
Well, I got my 2005 sv650 naked for $5900 OTD this spring.

You can do alot better on price with a leftover '04. Especially since we're nearing the end of the 2005 season. Just remember that already almost a 2 year old bike.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Problem solved.  I bought a 2004 Aprilia Mille.  Thanks for your help everyone.  I'll be back one day....I still want one of these for a track bike.

Doug
'98 Ducati 916
'00 HD Fatboy
'04 Aprilia Mille
NESBA #400

·
Registered
76 Posts
2005 Naked Blue SV650 - 5800 Out the door tax and title...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts