Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/motorbikes/4610431.stm

And this???

MotoGP world champion Valentino Rossi is set to stay in the sport despite plans to slow it down from 2007.
Rossi backed plans to cut engine power by reducing maximum capacity of engines 800cc from 990cc on grounds of safety.

The Italian four-time world champion was speaking ahead of this weekend's British GP at Donington.

"I am quite sure that I will stay with motorbikes when the 800s arrive because I want to stay for not just one year more," said the 26-year-old.

Safety fears force MotoGP changes
"Maybe it is also better because it's another experience, it's like starting from zero again so it's not so bad.

"I also think it's a clever modification of the rules because if not, maybe the bikes will start to go too fast."

For next year I'm quite OK with Yamaha, but in the future I don't know what happens

World champion Valentino Rossi

Rossi has been linked with a move from two wheels to four and a switch to Formula One, but he said he was unlikely to make the move.

"I have a great passion for four wheels, especially rallying, and I started with go-karts when I was a child," he said. "But I think it's very difficult.

"It's completely another world, a lot of work, a lot of pressure. Maybe a long holiday is better."

Donington is one of Rossi's favourite tracks but he expects a tough challenge from the American duo of Nicky Hayden and Colin Edwards at this weekend's British Grand Prix.

Hayden won last time out in America.

"Nicky and also Colin are very tough now," he said.

"Now they are at the top and they are always fast at Donington so I think I need to fight again with the two Americans."

Rossi may be staying in MotoGP but he is not sure whether he will still be with Yamaha in 2007, and he has not ruled out a move back to former team Honda.

"For next year I'm quite OK with Yamaha, but in the future I don't know what happens.

"Maybe I try to change to another bike, or come back to Honda, or another manufacturer."

·
Registered
110 Posts
One of the main reasons we haven't had motogp in this country is because our tracks lacked sufficient runoff to accomodate the insane speeds of those bikes.

If I had my choice though, I'd let 'em go back to the 500cc two-strokes... those were cool bikes.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I bet they don't slow down. this year has less fuel and they still go faster. they'll increase revs and rebuild more often.

·
Registered
110 Posts
punkjumper said:
I bet they don't slow down. this year has less fuel and they still go faster. they'll increase revs and rebuild more often.
I thought they were already rebuilt every 1-2 races.

And nutmeg, I realize the two-strokes are illegal too. It?s a shame though. I?ve ridden a liter bike, and I?ve ridden a well prepped race bike?I can *almost* imagine what a 1000cc GP bike would be like.

But the two strokes were evil machines? 200+HP with the powerband of a two-stroke. I don?t think I can imagine what that would be like.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love two strokes.
That's how I got into MotoGP.
It was all about NSR and YZR.
I actually rode three two strokes.
One dirt, one 125cc street and NSR50.
It's a hard machine to ride.
But it's fun as hell at the same time.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'd love to try an RS250 or something, but have never had the chance. At 6'4" 230# I'd probably look like a clown on a minibike. It would still be a blast though I best.

I wish I had the chance to ride some of the smaller bikes as a kid. At best now I can live vicariously through my son. He's only 3-weeks old and while at the bike shop I was already checking out 50s :lol:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wish I was a little taller.
There are so many bikes I wanna ride and I just can't touch the ground.
At the track though, a different story.
:twisted:

Give me a milk cow!
I'll ride that damn thing!!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Aprilia! I want him to be on a real fire!!!
:lol:

Okay...
Ducati will do.
I like my old man Capirossi...
:D

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'd love to see Rossi on a SUZUKI! Yes, that would really be cool. 8)

·
Registered
174 Posts
in my opinion rossi on anything will be become an anything beater lol. the man is a god on two wheels....

·
Registered
174 Posts
so in that little blurb rossi alluded the idea that this was done to eliminate the absolute madness that might ensue if more restrictions werent set in place. that got me thinking...what would be the limit>> i wonder if there were no restrictions on motogp at all what kind of stuff would go down....discuss lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts