Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody put a MotoGP exhaust on an SV? I'm talking about the short cans that look like extensions of the headers. I think M4 makes one for the GSXRs and I was wondering could one fit on the SV650 and not do damage to the engine?

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Sure, quite a few have. Doesn't hurt anything, just tends to be a little loud. Here are a couple pics of an SV I rode with a few weeks ago:

·
Registered
138 Posts
also interested in this to replace my highmount. i need saddle bags. it looks like a simple cut of the mid pipe and the new can clamps on. correct or no?

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
What mods do I need to do to have this? Is there alot of welding envolved?
That depends on what muffler you get and how it's mounted. The above Remus is from an R6 (if I recall correctly). Only thing that had to be fabricated was a hanger. It's just a strip of aluminum from Lowe's...

·
Registered
141 Posts
I want to get the tyga exhaust but I don't want to have to weld it to the existing header is that the only way that exhaust will work with the sv or can I slip it on like another slip on cans?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
me too me too

of course they look better when they're not crashed. (i should really think about shrinking that pic a little, as often as i've posted it).

its easy to mount up w/out welding. just take whatever pipe you want to any good muffler shop, ask them to make a fitting to slip over your stock mid pipe, that your shorty will slip onto. cut some slits in it, and use t-bolt clamps to secure it. i don't have the muffler supported, its been that way for over a year, but i am thinking about doing something just to make it look finished.

·
Supporting Vendor
9,953 Posts
SV Racing Parts M4 MotoGP Slip On exhaust

:) I've shipped quite a M4 GP cans to members to mount on their SV's.

The black ones are nice,

Great prices on them as well.

Anyone looking for a great deal on one should email me directly at [email protected] and I will get you looked after right away,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
i've heard one in person. it is way louder than i would ever want it to be if i were riding it. just too loud. i mean i like loud and throaty, but that was just....killing my ears and head.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
this is what i am wanting for mine but is there a silencer option or am i going to be stuck with a loud pipe.

i think about the only gp style can you might be able to tone down enough would be a supertrapp. they look pretty sharp, and not that expensive.

·
Supporting Vendor
9,953 Posts
MotoGP exhaust

:) A lot of people have used the M4 Black GP or Titanium with Black Tip GP Slip On from the GSXR 600, and adapted the SS mid pipe to work,

I have them available for $299 shipped to your door, anywhere in the USA.

Email me directly at [email protected] and I will get you looked after right away,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

·
Registered
38 Posts
how hard is it to mod a GP pipe from something else on to the SV?? is it as simple as cutting the OEM pipe and exhaust clamping the pipe on or is there welding involved?? probably depends on the pipe. right?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts