Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Thumper Squad
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we are again. 09 season opener is upon us in less than a week - kicking things off in Qatar. Predictions?

Stoner\Rossi...? Will Hayden make any sort of a showing...?

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Easter egg hunting, recording the race, hopefully NOT seeing a spoiler before I get to watch it.

Stoner
Rossi
Dovizioso

·
Registered
904 Posts
Rossi
Stoner
Vermeulen
Dovi
Lorenzo (if he can stay on the bike this year)

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
You guys think Hayden is gonna do that bad??

I am not sure how he will do personally, buy d a m n skippy I'll still be rooting for him.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Absolutely. :p
LOL....I hope not, but if he does, he does.

Outside Hayden doing good or bad, I'll be happy as long as pedrobot just does worse. ;D

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Hmmmm another Rossi year? I think so.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Outside Hayden doing good or bad, I'll be happy as long as pedrobot just does worse. ;D
+1

I think Hayden will have his best year since he won the championship, but I don't think he'll finish in the top 3. I wish he would though.

·
OberKommandant
6,127 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I don't want Hayden to do poorly, I've just come to expect it.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
you guys and your Hayden.... too funny.;D

:hiding2:

·
Registered
904 Posts
You guys think Hayden is gonna do that bad??
New bike, new team, he's been off the pace in practice, he has an uphill battle.

Doug I'm getting the sence that you just want to cheer for the American riders...

Or do you like Mladin. :)

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
New bike, new team, he's been off the pace in practice, he has an uphill battle.

Doug I'm getting the sence that you just want to cheer for the American riders...

Or do you like Mladin. :)
I do mostly root for the American riders..so long as I like them. Colin Edwards..was never a big fan of his. I rooted for Hopper too....till he felt he was entitled and left Suzuki for the Kawi.

I have been a fan of Hayden since I started watching MotoGP.......call it being patriotic..call it not wanting to jump on the Rossi Bandwagon...which ever.

Nothing against Rossi..he is obviously a great rider....but being he has won so many championships...steered me to Hayden. I usually root for the underdog more.

I am not against Mladin..but for the same reason..I liked Spies. I liked Aaron yates too...but he crashes so d a m n much...he never podiumed as much as he should have, if he had more control.

+1 to that!!!!
Thanks.

·
Registered
238 Posts
My vote for 09 underdog is Melandri.

In fact, you can loose rooting for him. As long as he finishes higher than last place he's doing better than 08...and on a privateer bike, the only one of its kind in the field! So far it looks lilke he may even be able to produce some good results this year.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I pick Mika Kallio as the MotoGP rookie of the year.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Hayden is too big for the 800 machines.

When they were 1000's, the bikes were harder to control and not as many riders could handle them. Hayden was one of the few that could. Now that they are 800's everyone can handle them and they dont have as much power to move haydens weight around..

Same thing goes for motocross with the 450 bikes. Very few people can actuallly hand the power, stewart and reed being the main two..

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Hayden is too big for the 800 machines.

When they were 1000's, the bikes were harder to control and not as many riders could handle them. Hayden was one of the few that could. Now that they are 800's everyone can handle them and they dont have as much power to move haydens weight around..

Same thing goes for motocross with the 450 bikes. Very few people can actuallly hand the power, stewart and reed being the main two..
What about when the wild 2 smokers were the playing field? Just saying, I think you're opening the potential for another argument.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts