Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
There's four guys on the grid now who are proven Championship winners (one multiple). For the first time in a while, the race is down to the bike itself. Everybody chasing Ducati. Aprilia looks to be the closest to competing at the moment, see what Honda pulls out of the bag for the spring tests. KTM keep lurking in the shadows, plus now they have the GasGas Aspar team for a test bed (still waiting to see if they're going to be a concessions team). Yamaha is on the rocks big time. They're down to two bikes on the grid, and in the state that they are now, if they loose Quartararo they're immediately going to the back of the pack. And loosing FQ20 is a very real possibility. If they don't come up with something in '23, I figure he'll opt out of the second year of the contract and jump ship to somewhere else.
And as for feuds.. Oh yeah, there's a big one brewing. Two young and very ambitious Italians on the same team, you can bet on bare knuckles there in '23.. 😃

·
Registered
2013 Gladius in need of serious TLC. 2017 CF Moto 650MT, 1960 Motobi 175 under restoration.
54 Posts
"And as for feuds.. Oh yeah, there's a big one brewing. Two young and very ambitious Italians on the same team, you can bet on bare knuckles there in '23.. 😃"

Its amazing what a bit of peer pressure can do.

If Binder can sort out his qualifying he can be a real contender next year.

·
Registered
2008 SV650S
198 Posts
There's four guys on the grid now who are proven Championship winners (one multiple). For the first time in a while, the race is down to the bike itself. Everybody chasing Ducati. Aprilia looks to be the closest to competing at the moment, see what Honda pulls out of the bag for the spring tests. KTM keep lurking in the shadows, plus now they have the GasGas Aspar team for a test bed (still waiting to see if they're going to be a concessions team). Yamaha is on the rocks big time. They're down to two bikes on the grid, and in the state that they are now, if they loose Quartararo they're immediately going to the back of the pack. And loosing FQ20 is a very real possibility. If they don't come up with something in '23, I figure he'll opt out of the second year of the contract and jump ship to somewhere else.
And as for feuds.. Oh yeah, there's a big one brewing. Two young and very ambitious Italians on the same team, you can bet on bare knuckles there in '23..
Yeah Bestia and Pecco on the same team will spark some great competition in the Ducati garage. But will it be as crazy and intense as Rossi and Biaggi? Rossi and Gibernau?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
691 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Gladius in need of serious TLC. 2017 CF Moto 650MT, 1960 Motobi 175 under restoration.
54 Posts
Yeah, kind of the same way with BSB here in the US. About all I can get of it is highlight stuff on YouTube. Too bad too as it's great racing and some classic tracks that have been around for a lot of years.
I raced on most of those circuits when it was known as the British Championship back in the late 80s/early 90s yet I haven't been to a BSB round in many years although I go to a European MotoGP every year, apart from when we weren't allowed because of Covid, as well as the Silverstone MotoGP which is only 25 miles from home. We've been to every European Moto GP, with the exception of Portugal, we've ridden to most of them and been to some of the circuits numerous times.

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
I raced on most of those circuits when it was known as the British Championship back in the late 80s/early 90s yet I haven't been to a BSB round in many years although I go to a European MotoGP every year, apart from when we weren't allowed because of Covid, as well as the Silverstone MotoGP which is only 25 miles from home. We've been to every European Moto GP, with the exception of Portugal, we've ridden to most of them and been to some of the circuits numerous times.
All that is here in the States now is the COTA round. For me, it's a 1300km round trip and a LOT of $$. Went to the Indy race in 2008, but other than that it's all on TV for me. The downside to living toward the center of the country when most all of the racing is on or near the edges..

·
Registered
54 Posts
We normally take 7-10 days on a trip, this year Mugello was a 3500km round trip but we went through the Black Forest on the famous B500 (do a search for the videos) and over the Alps etc. On previous trips we have visited the Ducati and Moto Guzzi factories.
I'm fortunate though that I can get to 3 airports in under 1 hour all of which have cheap flights to Europe. Barcelona is only a 2-hour flight and 1/2 hour on the train to the circuit so sometimes we do a fly away, instead of or as well as a ride.

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
We normally take 7-10 days on a trip, this year Mugello was a 3500km round trip but we went through the Black Forest on the famous B500 (do a search for the videos) and over the Alps etc. On previous trips we have visited the Ducati and Moto Guzzi factories.
I'm fortunate though that I can get to 3 airports in under 1 hour all of which have cheap flights to Europe. Barcelona is only a 2-hour flight and 1/2 hour on the train to the circuit so sometimes we do a fly away, instead of or as well as a ride.
The trip to COTA from here is the exact opposite. 800 miles each way through the Oklahoma/Texas flatland nothing. Interstate at 75/80mph for hours on end. No scenery, just flatland interstate. Roughly 11-12 hours of this (if you don't make too many stops) going and coming, with the race days in the middle. Could fly down, but that's also very expensive and still have to rent a car and deal with a certain amount of traffic. By the time you figure it all up (especially if you fly), looking at the high end of $1500 UAD by the time it's all said and done.
I went to the Indy round in 2008, and it was a blast. Half the distance, rode the Hayabusa, got a great deal on a motel room (no bedbugs and only one person died in another room while I was there). Plus the adventure of riding the 45 miles back to the motel after the race in the hurricane leftovers of 60mph winds and light rain. That was a fun time on the relative cheap.

121 - 129 of 129 Posts