Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
6,245 Posts
This is a little side note on the last GP round in Termas de Rio Hondo. I grew up in a city about 60 miles to the north, and Termas was this little backwater town with a tired, old resort that had thermal pools for soaking, and a couple of second rate restaurants. It was the place you went to when you couldn't afford time or money to go someplace better.

Imagine my surprise about a decade ago when I was on the bus from Buenos Aires on the way to my hometown and the bus rolls through Termas and I see this billboard. I honestly thought it was a joke of some sort. I snapped a picture to ask my cousin what the prank was all about

Imagine my double surprise when he confirmed that this was actually a thing, that Termas was positioning itself as an event center and that they were building a world class track.

Imagine my triple surprise when they actually pulled it off.

Hats off to my provincial cousins, whose former reputation was that of a deep commitment to a lengthy siesta. They not only did this track, but also the fanciest stadium in the whole country. They built it, and they came.

View attachment 60964
That's a great shot on the billboard. Spies on the Yamaha, with Rossi and Nicky right behind him on Ducati's. Bit of a time capsule there. :)

Reactions: Maximo

· Registered
6,245 Posts
I came to calling them the "Italian Harley Davidson". "Pride of Ownership" I found to be the mantra. It was all about the name and the image. Some didn't even ride them, they had other bikes or just didn't really ride at all. The bike was just part of it, the FB pages and owners groups were a clown show all in their own.. 😝
Oh dear... I can see you've got the hatred bad. Funny how we had completely different experiences on the same Marquee. I was in the Ducati Owners club for a couple of years, they were a great bunch of guys (definitely not posers lol) and we had some awesome day rides and weekends away together. Nothing but good memories for me.
I may even own another in the future! (y)
I've owned Ducatis on and off since 1997, and both perspectives are true. :)

Ducs are a lot like Harleys, in that there's a segment that's all about image, but there's a whole lot of hare core riders in there also. Recently joined the local Ducati owners group here, and it's a good bunch of people.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts