Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
This is a little side note on the last GP round in Termas de Rio Hondo. I grew up in a city about 60 miles to the north, and Termas was this little backwater town with a tired, old resort that had thermal pools for soaking, and a couple of second rate restaurants. It was the place you went to when you couldn't afford time or money to go someplace better.

Imagine my surprise about a decade ago when I was on the bus from Buenos Aires on the way to my hometown and the bus rolls through Termas and I see this billboard. I honestly thought it was a joke of some sort. I snapped a picture to ask my cousin what the prank was all about

Imagine my double surprise when he confirmed that this was actually a thing, that Termas was positioning itself as an event center and that they were building a world class track.

Imagine my triple surprise when they actually pulled it off.

Hats off to my provincial cousins, whose former reputation was that of a deep commitment to a lengthy siesta. They not only did this track, but also the fanciest stadium in the whole country. They built it, and they came.

Tree Racing Sports equipment Tire Wheel

· Registered
69 Posts
(I’ll never forget when he was torpedoed by Pedrosa on the penultimate race), he won maybe 3 races that season?
My son was about 7 or 8 that season and was fully vested in Nicky's triumph. When Dani made that bonehead move we booed and cursed. Since that time, we use "pedrosa" as a verb to "undermine": "Don't pedrosa my move to the studio apartment" is something he said just a couple of weeks ago, as I was trying to talk him out of a bad move.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts