Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
726 Posts
In the mean time Danilo scored at his first attempt. (y)

Reactions: MOHillbilly

· Registered
726 Posts
Even with the current (slooow) setup, FQ20 still left the test with the top time..
On the other hand, he scored that time only at the end of the whole test sessions, with the track completely covered with tires compound, which allows for higher traction (that Yamaha has been lacking in the past two years, according to Rossi, Dovizioso and Morbidelli).

Not saying that they didn't improve, just questioning if the improvement is there to stay or if it's partly due to the circumstances.

· Registered
726 Posts
Moh, you made it clear more than a few times you have a thing against Ducati, due to personal experience (although I could report my personal experience and the one of several buddy riders who all own Ducatis with no reported reliability problemat all), and I can live with it.
But, what you're stating is simply not the truth.
Over the whole 2022 championship Ducati proved to be the winningest bike, the one who won with most different riders, on different race tracks, and the one who won the manufacturers' title (largely in advance of the championship end).
And, no, I won't accept the explanation that they won because they race 8 bikes where all other manufacturers only race 2 or 4: this is only the result of manufacturing the best bike, that attracts many independent teams.
If Ducati were only good for straight line speed, they would not have lined up such an incredible streak of wins over different track and with different riders this year.

Reactions: Kiwi Rider

· Registered
726 Posts
Honestly, my son has a ducati, my riding friends have a ducati, I don't like Ducati street bikes.
That's why I ride an SV.
So, no, I'm not biased towards them and I don't suffer of "pride of ownership".
I'm simply neutral in my judgement.

In motogp everyone catches up in the corners?
Didn't know Fabio's second name was everyone, because I fail to see anybody else (except maybe Aleix) catching up in the corners.
Have we been watching the same races?

· Registered
726 Posts
Hold on. What’s that flag in your signature bar?
My son and several riding buddies of mine own a ducati, therefore I know what I'm talking about.
I don't like Ducati street bikes from an aesthetic point of view, thus I'm not biased towards ducati.

I just evaluate plain facts that are brought to my attention.

Am I not neutral in my judgement simply because I'm Italian?

BTW, what has all this to do with MotoGP?
Can anybody deny the fact that ducati has won more races, on different tracks, with different riders, than any other brand?
Isn't this a clear sign that it is (currently) the best motoGP bike around?

· Registered
726 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: Kiwi Rider

· Registered
726 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts