Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

941 - 960 of 2245 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I'm not goo-goo over Stoner. Others impress me much more. Including Bautista.

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
God do I hate BBC coverage. That guy next to Parrish, always coughing up flem. Can't they get him a doctor or force him to stop smoking? Frigging disgusting fatass. Then they both pay lip service to any Brit, like Crutchlow, how he'd wipe the floor with Dovi if Stoner wasn't holding him up. STFU, quit your job and get Jamie Whitham in there.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Me either. He is already finished for the year, it will be a Lorenzo/Pedrosa fight now. The current Yamaha is a better bike. Stoner may be the best rider on the planet, but not the best racer.
I can't work out what Stoner is doing. There are problems there but I cannot determine whether it's Stoner's head or his bike or both. Pedrosa made him look like a twot last night. The Yammie is a better bike now - for sure - but not so much better that it should leave Stoner off the podium.

Stoner can fuggn race Ceptor, don't get any weird ideas about his inability to mess with the best. I should say "could race"; it seems his retirement is coming before the end of the season. It appears he couldn't give a ratsarse about anything except his skinny bride and the new rugrat.

And I fully understand why.

Look the decisions Dorna has made since the strokers ruled.

1. Go to four stroke.
2. Go to 800cc
3. Go to one tyre for all.
4. Add some lamearse bikes that "fill the grid".
5. Go back to 1000cc.
6. Rookies cannot ride factory bikes. (I now believe the reason for this is purely to protect factory riders that should've packed up and gone home years ago.)

Not one clever decision there. Most of them made racing more expensive and more boring to watch. Stoner has some excellent points.

He just hasn't delivered them well. But I doubt he gives a fcuk.

I noticed that Lorenzo is attempting to revive the trackside mini-dramas. This sport is rooted.

·
BANNED!!!
4,805 Posts
Bummer about Spies, he was back to form finally then for some dang reason got over excited and seemed to attempt a pass prematurely. I thought he rushed it, and I'm not sure why. Regardless, he did come back from the back and get in 10th. If anything, something positive to help for future races.

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
Speaking of positives for future races: It looks like I will be in London when the circus is at Silverstone. I very well might be in the crowd for it. Don't forget to look for me! ;D

·
Registered
784 Posts
Bummer about Spies, he was back to form finally then for some dang reason got over excited and seemed to attempt a pass prematurely. I thought he rushed it, and I'm not sure why. Regardless, he did come back from the back and get in 10th. If anything, something positive to help for future races.
I agree, looked like he had podium pace to me. He said he locked the front up, had to let off which made him too hot to make the turn I guess. Said the handlebar was bent the rest of the way. I was watching the live timing and it appears he was consistently fastest in sector 1. Not so much in the other sectors.

Which leads me to wonder how much strategy is played in the settings. I'm sure they have to make sacrifices in some corners to fine tune others. Which leads me to wonder when they'll have dynamic settings based off track proximity/gps. Which leads me to wonder when they'll just ditch the rider and let the bike ride itself. Which leads me to wonder when they'll have a series that's just carbed 500cc 2-strokes with brakes and throttle?

·
BANNED!!!
4,805 Posts
They already have dynamic settings based off track proxmity and gps. At least I'm pretty sure, I remember in the last race (maybe) the announcers talking about how there was a problem with Haydens in one of the previous races. It was registering the wrong settings at the wrong corners or something.

And yeah, down with electronics.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Which leads me to wonder how much strategy is played in the settings. I'm sure they have to make sacrifices in some corners to fine tune others. Which leads me to wonder when they'll have dynamic settings based off track proximity/gps. Which leads me to wonder when they'll just ditch the rider and let the bike ride itself. Which leads me to wonder when they'll have a series that's just carbed 500cc 2-strokes with brakes and throttle?
They came about with the GPS suspension settings many years ago but I believe it's been ruled out.

Looks like it was banned in 2010:
http://motomatters.com/news/2009/03/29/those_motogp_rule_changes_in_full_gps_ba.html

"15. Only DORNA can supply GPS unit just for entertainments such as TV broadcasting, which can’t connect to CPU unit by any kind of system."

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
I would argue that the electronics that allow us to see the rpm, gear position, and speed superimposed on the onboard cameras are good, but all that other crap is definitely bad. Just ask Nicky.

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
What does everyone think about the marquez-espargaro incident?

I personally think he deserved the penalty.

Sent from my PC36100 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
What does everyone think about the marquez-espargaro incident?

I personally think he deserved the penalty.

Sent from my PC36100 using Motorcycle.com App
On this last incident I don't think it was Marquez since I don't think he actually saw he was being overtaken. It was just a racing incident but it was a nasty crash and could have turned out a whole lot worse.

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
But do you cut across to the edge of the racing line like that? Does he think he's so good that there must not be anyone behind him?

He should have been stripped of his win in Quatar. Now anything he does gets lumped into the same bag as his move there and weighed together. If he didn't have that move in Quatar, the penalty would likely not even have been put on him in the first place.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
True and now that I rethink of that move, I do think he should be penalized. That class already has soo many riders going down and we don't need anymore riders dying. I think that he might be getting a little full of himself and needs to calm down. And just for the record that move in qatar was crazy, he should have been stripped of that race altogether and suspended for the following race. Even at the club level you don't cross back in front of another rider.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Which leads me to wonder when they'll have a series that's just carbed 500cc 2-strokes with brakes and throttle?

I am a big fan of the old 500 stroker formula. I think I'd be pushing for injection though. One of my main defenses of strokers is that they could be tuned to be as green (over the whole life of the engine), even greener than 4-strokes. To achieve this EFI is a must. Apart from that EFI is a schitload better than carburation in nearly every sense.

Marquez: The most talented rider, and the dirtiest, dirtier than Iannone now. Cred to Iannone, who seems to have really cleaned up his game. Though I believe Marquez could not see Espargaro (and is mostly, not completely, innocent on that count), he utilises some dirty fuggn tactics when passing under brakes.

Forza said it well:

Does he think he's so good that there must not be anyone behind him?

941 - 960 of 2245 Posts