Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1833 Posts

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I know the calender still says 2010, but testing tomorrow really is the start of the season.
Forecast is good, high 60's and partly cloudy. Who will be faster, Stoner on the Honda or Rossi on the Duc? Will either of them be faster than Lorenzo? How will Spies do on the factory Yamaha??
Stay tuned!!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I really wish that I hadn't missed out on 2010's season. Sounds like I'm a behind the times a bit. Time to catch up I suppose.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
i hope rossi can do something with that front end unless he likes falling on his head. I'm thinking rossi will be slow in testing, but cant wait to see him on the ducati and hopefully in his 2011 ducati colours/helmet. Wonder how long it will take stoner to start drifting the back tire...im thinking 15 laps seems like enough time.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
By the end of the test, Lorenzo will be fastest, Rossi second, Spies third, Stoner fourth.Then Dovi, Simoncelli, Hayden. Spies could be second if bike is to his liking.

·
Registered
756 Posts
although I really hope rossi pulls another magic season in 2011, I have to say I doubt it.

I think he'll be quick and the duc will be developed really well with him riding it, but I think Yamaha M1 will still be the bike to beat.

Spies will get his first GP win in 2011 and will have a few podiums.

Stoner will pull a few 1st places but I still see him sliding through the gravel traps more often than the other aliens.

Dovi will be top 5 and Pedrosa will do his standard: catch a holeshot and fade as pressure builds.

·
Thumper Squad
3,279 Posts
Rich - good call on starting the thread - Can't imagine Rossi will push this week - think he's scheduled for surgery next week. But who knows, with Burgess and the whole crew, they might get that DUC rolling like the beloved M1 by Wed......

·
Registered
756 Posts
Its crazy...you can tell he's taking it easy but he's still riding at a higher level than I probably ever will.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
For those of you that are to lazy to click on the linky:

Final times from Day 1 of the Valencia MotoGP test:

1 - 99 Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 1:32.012
2 - 27 Casey Stoner Honda 1:32.775
3 - 11 Ben Spies Yamaha 1:32.878
4 - 26 Dani Pedrosa Honda 1:32.912
5 - 58 Marco Simoncelli Honda 1:32.919
6 - 4 Andrea Dovizioso Honda 1:33.190
7 - 5 Colin Edwards Yamaha 1:33.513
8 - 19 Alvaro Bautista Suzuki 1:33.558
9 - 69 Nicky Hayden Ducati 1:33.716
10 - 46 Valentino Rossi Ducati 1:33.882
11 - 14 Randy de Puniet Ducati 1:33.914
12 - 7 Hiroshi Aoyama Honda 1:33.953
13 - 40 Hector Barbera Ducati 1:34.110
14 - 35 Cal Crutchlow Yamaha 1:34.314
15 - 65 Loris Capirossi Ducati 1:34.631
16 - 24 Toni Elias Honda 1:35.058
17 - 17 Karel Abraham Ducati 1:35.076

·
Registered
384 Posts
Crutchlow is going to be a huge bust... nothing against the guy, but I don't think he is up to the level of the other riders...

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Stoner, coming up to speed so quickly on a new bike, is quite interesting.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Yes, I know the calender still says 2010, but testing tomorrow really is the start of the season.
Forecast is good, high 60's and partly cloudy. Who will be faster, Stoner on the Honda or Rossi on the Duc? Will either of them be faster than Lorenzo? How will Spies do on the factory Yamaha??
Stay tuned!!!
And I thought I was anxious..........lol

·
Registered
384 Posts
Nah, probably on the same level of complete bust... he wasn't in the top 3 last year in WSBK on pretty much the same bike that Spies won the title on in '09...

·
Registered
384 Posts
Yeah... but most guys that go from WSBK to GP have at least won a title or two ;)

I mean the ones that have had success that is.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Stoner, coming up to speed so quickly on a new bike, is quite interesting.
and notice how much off the pace rossi is? I'd imagine its fairly easy for stoner going from something with no front end feel, to a bike that actually works.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
and notice how much off the pace rossi is? I'd imagine its fairly easy for stoner going from something with no front end feel, to a bike that actually works.
I gotta give props to Rossi.
After he hurt his leg he wasnt 100% and yet he freakin ran hard as heck.
I say thats why Lorenzo won, cause Rossi was at 80%.

Hopefully Stoner feels better on the Honda. (I like the roo on the side of his new ride)

1 - 20 of 1833 Posts