Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I watched for the second time, Birth of a Racer on Discovery HD today (DVR'd) and was wondering... where is the project today? The program was a great look into the program. But I wonder...are they still trying to make the bike work? Does it work? Will we ever see those forks on something else? Will we ever see those counter rotating cranks on another bike?

The sound was amazing, the feedback from McWilliams was good, as was from Turpin...but... I want more.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
I was watching this last week.... great story

Carter - you think it's comparable to Britten in any way?

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was watching this last week.... great story

Carter - you think it's comparable to Britten in any way?
I think the Britten had more money and ultimately more success behind it (it actually raced). I haven't followed the Britten story as much as I would have liked. Britten had developed his motor, sure, but it was very conventional in design. Brittens success was in his bodywork and chassis design. But again, why is in not used more? I understand patents, but if it's THAT good, someone will pay to use it.

I really like the thought process behind the Motoczysz. I mean, it was a complete new sheet of paper. The only thing relatively conventional, is the use of two wheels and clipons. Everything else is different in every sense. Watching that program and seeing that CF tail section, makes me want to get out in my garage and make something for my bike.

But I am glad the Motoczysz is doing okay, it just seems it fell off the radar after the magazine tests of it a few years ago.
Now if I could only scrounge up a cool $100k, I'd be all set.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Geez., Mike it's the middle of a Tuesday. Don't you ever [email protected]|<ing work?
I hate you
If by work you mean, sitting in front of the DVR while I whisk papers across my desk, take a nap, surf SVR, then yes...yes I do.

My days in the "office" amke up for the days on the road. For example rest of the week. I get to drive to Buffalo and roam around there for a few days, trying to drum up business in this booming economy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
hmm almost forgot about that beast of a bike

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
No clue on the project, but Michael Czysz is listed as an instructor at the Skip Barber "powered by KTM" (that makes me think of the movie Idiocracy) school this summer: http://www.skipbarbersuperbikeschool.com/instructors.html

I wonder if it will have the same problem as other unconventional front-ends; that is, tires are designed for conventional forks.
But... It's got electrolytes, it's what plants crave!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts