Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know which Motion Pro throttle tube would fit a 2017 SV650? I want to change grips and really don't want to have to modify the OEM throttle tube by sanding on grinding it. I'm wondering if the Motion Pro for most Suzuki's would fit the SV?

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The end of the OEM throttle tube has a lip on it made for the OEM grips. I just didn't feel like cutting/grinding it off.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Per the MotionPro web site this fits a 2017 SV650. It looks like the same part as the older SV1000 / SV650 and a few other bikes well.
Part No. 01-2808
Rev2 Throttle Kit, 01-1318/Grips, Sportbike

I am a yellow reel kind of guy myself (track use only 2004 SV650). It helps keeps the HP per degree of throttle rotation closer to that of my 2003 R1. It just stops turning a lot sooner. :D

·
Super Moderator
8,340 Posts
I am a yellow reel kind of guy myself (track use only 2004 SV650). It helps keeps the HP per degree of throttle rotation closer to that of my 2003 R1. It just stops turning a lot sooner. :D
seriously, i dont even know why they include any of the other reels with that kit

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I went ahead with a G2 Ergonomics throttle tube and Biltwell Torker grips. The grips were closed end so I used a finish blade on a powered chop saw to take off about 1/4" off so my bar-end mirrors would work. Very pleases with the outcome.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I bought a G2 Ergo throttle tamer last year. It's one of the best mods for this bike as it gets rid of a lot of the low speed snatchiness.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts