Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after about 14,000 miles my Tourmaster Comp Carbon 2 goves are falling apart (no crashes in them). What gloves have you guys gotten the most life out of? I need reccomendations for a non-insulated full cuff glove preferably with hard knuckles (self defense).

Lifespan is very important to me.

-josh

P.S. I would also like some recommendations for CHEAP riding boots that don't look like power ranger shoes. I was considering the Joe Rocket Orbits.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
check out the alpinestar roams for some decent boots. they're nice and plain but still have the protection you're looking for. i upgraded for some more ankle support after my injury.

i'll probably be selling the roams, so if you're interested let me know

·
Registered
146 Posts
I've got about 7k on my Comp Carbon II (with one 45mph lowside) and they are holding up great so far! I may just buy another pair if they fall apart soon. I loves me them gloves :D

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
stranger said:
check out the alpinestar roams for some decent boots. they're nice and plain but still have the protection you're looking for. i upgraded for some more ankle support after my injury.

I wear size 12 or so... How much are you selling them for?

-josh

·
Registered
53 Posts
I´ve a pair of Bering (RX-7, I think), leather gloves with carbon fiber protections. Very comfy and with 10K on they´re still in good shape (but never touched the ground...).

·
Registered
22 Posts
As far as cheap boots go... I bought the Vega Nitro Sport boot from a local dealer for $70. My buddy also bought a pair, but paid a couple bucks more for a bigger size.

Because of the price I was skeptical at first. They seemed too good to be true... ankle & shin guards, replaceable toe & shin sliders, all leather waterproof uppers, dual zipper/hookloop closure... But they've turned out to be great! I ride more confidently in them than I ever did in my steel toe work boots. It just feels safer.

Now, they do look a little "spacey", but I have gotten compliments on them too. Whether I'm wearing jeans or my riding pants I wear them over the boot. With a straight leg or boot cut pant this is fine.

I've also seen them at competitionaccessories.com for pretty cheap.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Elkskin ropers from Aerostitch

·
Registered
254 Posts
Suprisingly I've got over 10K miles on a pair of JR Velocity gloves. But I've semi retired them since I picked up a pair of Tourmaster robo gloves. Silly name but nice gloves.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Newdriver said:
stranger said:

I wear size 12 or so... How much are you selling them for?

-josh
i wear a size 7.5, but the boots are EU40 (which is more like 6). so unless you want to cut your toes off, i don't think my boots would do you any good

1 - 9 of 9 Posts