Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My morning consists of taking 2 of my children off to school (I then double back to get my bike and ride into work). This morning I was surprised when I looked at a kid riding next to me in shorts and T-shirt (not a big surprise since we are in Florida). What I found so funny was the PINK flip flops he was wearing and to top it off...his sneakers were bungied to the back of his bike.

I got another chuckle when I see him go to the tuck position as we drive 35 down Wickham.

Links to the photos below; (sorry for not embedding the images)

http://picasaweb.google.com/Jack.Gemmell/MorningRide#5329713280879310770

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/95XGOPno6u0sQfFsp0t-Mw?feat=directlink

·
Registered
65 Posts
hahaha I think the best part is the PINK flops!

Just the other day I was driving the van with the wife and kids in it, and this guy passes us on a bike. Tank top, gym shorts, lowtop sneakers, and helmet. girl riding on the back has short type gym shorts, also tank top, sandals and helmet.

My wife even commented how dumb that was! some people just aren't smart

·
Registered
341 Posts
how many of you gear natzis actually wear 5 point harnesses in your vans/cars, how can you have your kids wear only a 3 point belt while you drive on the freeway with all the wackos on the road. I wouldn't even dare have my child come in the car with me unless its reinforced with a roll cage and all seats are harnessed with 5 point belts.....

·
Registered
482 Posts
how many of you gear natzis actually wear 5 point harnesses in your vans/cars, how can you have your kids wear only a 3 point belt while you drive on the freeway with all the wackos on the road. I wouldn't even dare have my child come in the car with me unless its reinforced with a roll cage and all seats are harnessed with 5 point belts.....
I take it you don't wear any gear and have never laid your bike down?

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
Apples and oranges. You can't compare car/truck safety devices with motorcycle safety gear.

The point of a seatbelt is to keep you IN the car. The roll cage and airbags take care of the rest.

The point of motorcycle gear is to kill off all the dumbsh-ts that don't wear it.

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
i dont get it...why not just wear the sneakers?....im not gonna lie ive ridden in shorts before...im in florida too..it gets hot

but theres no point to the fli flops....does he feel cool or something?..i mean c'mon theyre effin pink

·
Registered
704 Posts
Dude, come on. Seriously? Are you even trying to compare that?

Here's a trick, put on some shorts, flip flops, and a wife beater. Then go get your belt sander. Turn on the belt sander, and then hold it first against your feet, then your arms, back, and shoulders.

Then, go put on a riding jacket, some boots, and a pair of jeans, and do it again.

Survey: Which hurt more?

·
...is no fun!
2,764 Posts
Oh - and car seats for kids (up to 5?) seem to have 5 point harnesses ;D

·
Registered
341 Posts
I take it you don't wear any gear and have never laid your bike down?
I wear my gear. I wear rather warm boots when its very hot outside, I even wear on occasion knee/shin pads which I get a lot of comments but I don't care cause they are my knees/shins. I feel so one sided, We post pics of squids, make fun of them, I guess makes some people feel better for actually wearing gear meanwhile no one actually gets out of the car, and attempts to educate the guy wearing the flip flops.

I just am thinking through the others guys point of view. I think I just read to many posts about squid bashing that im starting to go on their side. They can look at us and say the same about other everyday activities we do. Heck just crossing a busy intersection can be very painful without a helmet. Even deadly.

Now onto the main point of this thread. why the F did he choose pink flip fops ? jeeeese

·
Registered
8,290 Posts

took three mouse clicks....

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
35 mph on a ninja 250 is fast, you NEED to get in a full racing tuck or it will explode. Along the same line that the SV will explode if the front tire ever leaves the ground.

can't forget the "This post is in jest" smiley! ;D

·
Registered
308 Posts
I wear my gear. I wear rather warm boots when its very hot outside, I even wear on occasion knee/shin pads which I get a lot of comments but I don't care cause they are my knees/shins. I feel so one sided, We post pics of squids, make fun of them, I guess makes some people feel better for actually wearing gear meanwhile no one actually gets out of the car, and attempts to educate the guy wearing the flip flops.

I just am thinking through the others guys point of view. I think I just read to many posts about squid bashing that im starting to go on their side. They can look at us and say the same about other everyday activities we do. Heck just crossing a busy intersection can be very painful without a helmet. Even deadly.

Now onto the main point of this thread. why the F did he choose pink flip fops ? jeeeese

so your saying the thread starter should have yelled at him "at least put your sneakers on you dumb ****"

i agree

·
Registered
358 Posts
I don't think it matters how much we rail on squids or people who ride without gear...they're still ******* retarded, and they still deserve the ridicule. They're idiots, plain and simple, and (this is my personal experience) I've found that riders who feel justified wearing "gear" like that are also the kind of riders who ride in such a way they give the rest of us a bad name. Or put people around them at risk.

EDIT: OK, I thought about it a bit more and realized I know a few riders who don't, or didn't, wear gear because they just didn't realize what they were doing.

Either way, it's a funny pic ;D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts