1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
BANNED!!!
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this story on another board.
Sunday, August 28, 2005
By JUSTIN CARINCI, Columbian staff writer

A Camas couple was jailed after their car forced a motorcyclist off an Interstate 5 off-ramp Saturday afternoon in what investigators say was a case of road rage.

Washington State Patrol officers took Twila D. Lamb and John Lamb of Camas into custody near Fourth Plain Boulevard after a 1998 BMW 740 iL driven by Twila Lamb collided with Brandon Terence Brooks' 2005 GSXR Suzuki 1000 motorcycle, sending Brooks over an embankment and back toward the freeway.

Twila Lamb, 46, was booked into Clark County Jail on suspicion of first-degree assault for striking Brooks.

John Lamb, 56, was booked on suspicion of fourth-degree assault after allegedly tackling Brooks after the incident, which occurred around 2:30 p.m.

John Lamb posted $500 bail and was set to be released Saturday night.

Twila Lamb had no bail amount set and has a Superior Court date scheduled for Monday.

A WSP report said the Lambs and a group of motorcyclists four drivers and one passenger began antagonizing each other on Highway 14.

They merged onto northbound I-5 and took the Fourth Plain exit.

Witness Robert Bourland of Battle Ground said he saw the motorcyclists, with the BMW close behind, approaching him from behind on the freeway. "I thought, 'Something ain't right,' so I came back," Bourland said.

In the exit lane, the BMW struck Brooks on his right side, knocking him off the bike and down a hill in front of the landscaped sign welcoming motorists to Washington.

After the incident, witnesses said they saw Twila Lamb chase after Brooks and start hitting him.

John Lamb followed and tackled Brooks, they told state patrol officers.

Earlier in the ride, the car's right passenger mirror had broken on biker Jason Lee Wacker's elbow.

Motorcyclist Eric Ryan said Twila Lamb had pulled in front of Wacker and slammed on the brakes.

John Lamb said Wacker intentionally broke the mirror.

A WSP press release alleged that Twila Lamb swerved the car and struck Wacker.

Wacker, 24; Brooks, 23; and Ryan, 19 all live in Gresham, Ore.

The fourth motorcyclist and the motorcycle passenger would not identify themselves.

"It was like being in a Vin Diesel movie being terrorized by four bikers," John Lamb said. (best line)

Brooks and Wacker received minor injuries and refused medical treatment.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The moral of the story is:

If you can't outrun them - don't do anything stupid! ;)

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
What good timing..... ;)

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Sounds like they just don't like motorcycles. I've had people pull shit like that. I'm riding along peacefully and some retard pulls into my lane right in front of me and slams on the brakes, or worse tries to swerve right into my lane and knock me off. Usually its some kids in a truck or a woman in an SUV (sterotypes hold true here folks!)

Fortunately I keep a cool head and either outbrake them and leave the highway, or I take off ahead of them where they can't follow.

Its best not to try and take them on, even in a small way.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Stupid bikers. I bet he did intentionally break the side-view mirror. I hope he learned his lesson :D

Josh

·
BANNED!!!
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's funny cuz riders, specially here always talk about not pissing off the cagers cuz they can run you off the road. I never thought they would actually do that. Here it doesn't even seem like they were really provoked. **EDIT, oops, yeah they had a mirror broken, too**

Sh*t they even got outa the car and chased the guy down after he was knocked off his bike to beat him up.

·
Registered
397 Posts
tsk tsk tsk now why would someone use their BMW to go ram a bike? A single scratch is like $1000 to fix...friggin idiotic And nova, where are you riding when ppl are intentionally trying to have you ram into them? I mean intentionally pulling in front of you and braking really hard? Thats like vehicular man slaughter to me :mad: Thats it, I'm installing a rocket launcher on my bike...those two little holes at the front of my bike will come in handy after all 8)

·
Registered
419 Posts
The bottom line is, if you're going to be a jerk, and escalate things by knocking off the mirror, you may just find out the cager is equally stupid, and tries to run you down. Was it worth it?

Sounds like the two guys on Harleys in Deleware recently: one now dead, the other in the hospital. I bet they'd go back and do it differently if they could.

Immature people seem to think their manhood is on the line every time somebody does something to them. If you're not insecure about yourself, you consider the possibility that the person who just did that tp you is probably just an idiot, and the world is full of idiots. Life goes on. Unless, of course, things escalate to the point where someone gets killed...

·
Registered
722 Posts
I need clarification here: So somebody stupid does something stupid to biker bob. Biker bob decides that the cage was too close, improper lane change, etc., and rather than seek safety, he stays close enough to break a mirror? WTF is wrong with people? Am I missing something? I have had cages come into my lane on the I-State, cut me off, etc. When they are close enough for me to touch the glass/mirror, then that means I'm right in the middle of the vehicle with no easy escape. At that point, I'm more scared than angry. Is it me or is it just prolonging the danger to stay near enough to hit a mirror?

Not to mention that a subtle toe slider to the entire side of a car is likely more gratifying and less dangerous.

·
Registered
787 Posts
watch that road rage folks u never know who has a registard conceled small fire arm on them, I ve seen it more then once, and its not to funneh when it happens.

K

·
0 Posts
COBRA COMMANDER said:
watch that road rage folks u never know who has a registard conceled small fire arm on them, I ve seen it more then once, and its not to funneh when it happens.
I do, and it aint 'that' small ;)

It takes responsibility though, Even if I was 'packin' and were to get into a possible altercation, If it was a matter of simply getting a tag number and getting off the highway that is always the way to go, even on foot, if there is any option to flee the scene it's always the way to go. You do not just brandish a firearm to try to solve any problem that most likely you shouldn't of been in in the first place.(concealed weapons like alcohol do not = extra courage, normally you should be much more humble if you have one).

The story leaves it open to be either party's 'fault' as to who started what, but the car actually trying to CRASH the biker is the same as firing a pistol. When it comes to someone trying to commit homicide by vehicle, what the biker did to anger the motorist has no justification for the driver's action. Only if the biker were to pull a firearm should a vehicle actively try something stupid like that. But, in situations like this, 90% of the time BOTH parties consist of stupid assholes.

·
Registered
110 Posts
This is actually just down the street from me, and has been the topic de jure on our local forums.

The lady didn?t like being passed, and started swerving at the riders and pulled in front of them and slammed on her bikes. There are differing reports about what happened to the mirror. The news and witnesses seem to think the mirror was hit the rider?s shoulder when she swerved at one. All of us riders who know better are assuming it was intentional.

Either way, the situation is BS. She rammed the bike and caused the rider to crash. She and her husband got out of the car, ripped the mirror off the bike and proceeded to beat the rider with it.

The woman has been charged with first-degree assault. The sentence for which varies between 93 ? 123 months.

The response from our local community has been pretty cool. Everybody is treating it as an opportunity to raise public awareness. They?re going to be holding rallies in the parking lot of all her court dates, and sitting in the court room during the proceedings in full leathers :eek:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Holy crap, I'm moving to that area this weekend.  My work is right there at SR-14 (to Camas) and I-5.  F-ing great.  Time to get the shotgun holster mounted on the ol' SV.  I react very differently to situations on my bike for that reason.  I usually have a pretty bad temper, but when I'm on my bike I try to let things go and get out of dodge.  The problem is, you can't win.  All it takes is one pissed off jerk and it's game over.  Scary.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
I've removed a couple of wing mirrors in my time, that's what knuckle armour's for... But you need to be smart about it- ie make sure you have a clean getaway! They must have been riding some of those special slow bikes out of Mission Impossible 2...

·
Registered
238 Posts
Nimbus said:
  When they are close enough for me to touch the glass/mirror, then that means I'm right in the middle of the vehicle with no easy escape.  Is it me or is it just prolonging the danger to stay near enough to hit a mirror?
+1, when you think and look at how close that is, makes you wonder WTF everyone is thinking. I'm not against someone knocking off a side mirror, I just don't wanna get that damn close.

Now Aircraft paint remover in a water ballon or something....heh heh. Mo' damage less risk 8)

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Northwind said:
...But you need to be smart about it- ie make sure you have a clean getaway!
No you're wrong. Being smart would be getting out a any situation in which you would be stupid enough to intentionally damage someone's car. Especially when it out masses you 100 to 1 and could easily squash you flat. Nothing good can ever come from that.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Novadesigns said:
No you're wrong. Being smart would be getting out a any situation in which you would be stupid enough to intentionally damage someone's car. Especially when it out masses you 100 to 1 and could easily squash you flat. Nothing good can ever come from that.
I learned that the easy way... mostly. :eek:

Josh

1 - 20 of 31 Posts