Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two topics here. The 1st involves mirrors. I have posted a question previously on mirrors for my 01 svs. I am 6 feet 4 , 280. The standard mirrors were only good for seeing what I had in my shirt pockets so I installed extenders. All I still see are my elbows in the mirrors. I considered bar end mirrors, took the bike to a mechanic who ordered the kind that fit inside the bar end. Turns out that the ends are solid. ( I bought this bike used for a great price with lots of aftermarket stuff inc seat, pipe, jetted carbs, cruise control, heated grips, soft luggage, frame & bar end sliders... even at my size this bike is FUN!!! So I am not sure of all that has been modified. ) Of course I look for the kind of mirrors that mount around the end of the bar ends but they all advertise that they fit 7/8 inch ends & mine are 1 & 1/4 inch.This is after I took off the existing bar end sliders ( designed to work with the cruise control system which I did not want anyway because I have big hands and everytime I increased the throttle a little it moved the cruise control incrementally on when I did not want it on. This proved very embarassing at a couple of stop lights & contributed to an unexpected inspection of the road surface from about 2 inches away & the need to purchase new frame sliders. I put on a set of bar end sliders that came extra with the bike. These are the ones that are 1 & 1/4 inches around. So... any bar end mirrors out there that size or any other recomedations?
The second question involves the rear shock. The guy I bought the bike from had recently bought it from the original owner and decided not to use it, as he had a Ninja and just bought , I think,a new Ducatti. The result was a good deal for me but I think he was not that familiar with the bike. When I told him I heard these bikes were somewhat lacking in the rear shock department & that many riders replace the shock with one from another bike he said" oh yeah this is the one" & handed me the one he had just removed from his Ninja, after an upgrade. ( I don't remember what year or size, just that it was at least a 1000cc) My mechanic wisely does not want to waste time trying to install it if it is not right for the bike & I don't have the tools, maybe not the time to try myself. I could not find a part number on it. It has a preload ? adjustment on top that my bike does not have. The mechanic says the top part is gas filled. I know this is not much info but am looking for guidance. Any for either of these issues would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
737 Posts
Don't know about the mirrors.

Post a pic of the shock - you'll get a pretty quick answer as to whether it will go on the SV or not.

·
Registered
200 Posts
A company called CRG makes NICE billet mirrors that mount either in the bar or on it.
this place seems to have the cheapest priceshttp://www.bevelheaven.com/stuff-for-sale-mirror.htm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts