Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pretty much set on making my own lower fairings, and I had a few questions. First, on the suzuki lowers, how many mounting points are there? I imagine there will be one on either side of the radiator mounting brackets, but how widely spaced out are they from the actual radiator? There must be one on the back as well, right at the bottom, how are those mounts done?

Second, is suzuki paint available, or will I have to match it as best I can from spray paint?

If this works, I am going to try and make a front fender more like the 'busa, to try and cut down on the drag.

Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
104 Posts
I don't have the suzuki lowers but I imagine it would be the same. Mine have 3 mounting points on each side. They also bolt into the head fairing (green line). There are also 4 bolts that hold together the belly pan section.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
You dont really need many mounting points, its surprisingly stable. I'd just make sure there is a mounting point near the kickstand, use the radiator bolts, and one more towards the top sharing the same mounting bolt with the upper fairing.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
The bolt on the left is actually by the black piece on the angle closer to the front... i used to have the JMVs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts