Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, sorry for all the questions.... I just need to figure out where the last of these few hoses go:

The one marked in red in these pictures:

And then just to make sure, the hose I circled in green in picture above goes on this port circled below right? Why does one side have a hose and the other have a cover on it (also pictured below). Does anything go in the covered one?

thank you for everyone's patience and help

·
Registered
78 Posts
these are vacuum hoses as shown. one goes on to the carb another goes to inlet carb mount rubber (rear). the one that is blocked you will need for carb balancing.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
these are vacuum hoses as shown. one goes on to the carb another goes to inlet carb mount rubber (rear). the one that is blocked you will need for carb balancing.
So which one goes where? In the first picture, which port does the red circled ones go to the carb? I can't find any holes on that side where a hose should go?

·
Registered
164 Posts
It says on your diagram, red goes to fuel pump which is on the right side of your bike when you lift the tank looking in the direction of travel.

Green one goes to the petcock which is under the fuel tank.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It says on your diagram, red goes to fuel pump which is on the right side of your bike when you lift the tank looking in the direction of travel.

Green one goes to the petcock which is under the fuel tank.
I just picked up a 99, trying to put it back together from previous owner.

The red goes from the fuel pump to where though?

·
Registered
78 Posts
1 vacuum to open fuel tap another vacuum to run fuel pump. if the hoses are same diameter than it does not matter which one goes where.
thats how I got it done. one on the inlet rubber that is blocked goes to the fuel tap.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 vacuum to open fuel tap another vacuum to run fuel pump. if the hoses are same diameter than it does not matter which one goes where.
thats how I got it done. one on the inlet rubber that is blocked goes to the fuel tap.
Awesome! Thanks for the pics! Can I put both the fuel tap and fuel pump connected to the rear carb vacuum plug? I was thinking of setting up an easy carb synch ala

http://www.bluepoof.com/motorcycles/howto/svs_carb_sync/

As long as its attached to a vacuum line it should be ok right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts