Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my Zune kicked the bucket, due to the magnets in my tankbag, which I sort of expected. So now I sport around an ipod touch. There are a ton of little aftermarket accessories for these things, one of which is the Monster iEZClick.

Cool large button pod, that integrates wirelessly with the ipod. So I am able to change songs, adjust volume, or start and stop music. I mounted it onto my handlebar. Very awesome!

Thought I would share.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Can we see some pics of the setup?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Cost was like $16 shipped from ebay. (tons of stores have it)

Has an arm band and an belt clip. *I mounted it using the belt clip as you see in the picture* Big buttons are useful. I mounted it high, because I use my rapid transit recon 19 tankbag. :)

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
I think a few of us picked these up a few months back.
I got mine for like $8 plus shipping off ebay.
Havent had much of a chance to use it yet though.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
would it work with an iPod video? and does the wireless part of it make your iPod battery drain faster?

·
...is no fun!
2,764 Posts
I was intrigued until I saw it was made by Monster. I refuse to buy anything they make ;D

·
Registered
438 Posts
There was a post about this a while back. I picked one up off of Ebay and absolutely love it. I have it mounted by my left thumb for convenience. On a 4 hour ride last weekend it really helped by allowing me to control the volume as speeds increase and decrease.

·
Registered
381 Posts
i have heard that the volume tends to have a mind of its own and go min or max instead of up or down... anyone have this prob?
Every now and then, but not often. I usually just use mine to skip crap on the ipod I dont feel like listening to.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I do not see any noticable decrease in the ipods battery life. Very convenient little accessory. I assume it would work with any ipod product.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Every now and then, but not often. I usually just use mine to skip crap on the ipod I dont feel like listening to.
sweet. i ordered one this past weekend. i used to use the apple radio remote thing, but hated the wires running through my sleeve or out to my collar...

·
Registered
67 Posts
What system do you guys have in your helmet for actually listening to the music? Are you just using the iPod headphones? Does anyone wear earplugs?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I use the JVC marshmallows.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had one for about 3 weeks. With the new ipod nano the connector doesn't fit while you have headphones in. I had to break it open and dremel away part of one side. The control was mounted on my handlebars and after a heavy rainstorm it quit working, so i popped that open and there was alot of corrosion and some water trapped inside. So if you have one i would recommend covering it or removing it for anything past a drizzle. For 8$ shipped I'm considering buying a new one.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts