Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 626 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's some poor pics of some of the mods so far. When or if the sun comes out I'll take some better pics when she is on paddock stand.

Painted the sprocket, Sprocket carrier and Brake carrier black.
Added some Stainless Steel screws to the chain guard
Removed GladASS stickers and warning sticker from tank.

Not a lot so far, but the list will get bigger.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Well the mods continue. Like most people on here I hate the plastic side panels so today I took drastic action and I cut them. I've got to say I was a little nervous in doing this, But with the help of a neighbour how is in to bikes I cut while he held the plastic. It wasn't that hard really, I just took my time while doing it.

I finished off by using a Stanley knife to trim the parts and sand paper to take the burr off.

There not quiet there yet. They need a little bit more work and then I've got to respray them. But I'm happy with the result so far.

Madjohn.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm going to take the covers as well few other parts into work tomorrow and paint them.

Grab rails will be painted Saturn Black

Covers Aluminium

Brackets Saturn Black.

Madjohn.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well madjohn, you a really going to town, and all is looking good so far. A mod I have started on is based on the removal of the radiator side plastics (I put them in storage with the other stock parts left unused) and utilizes those two radiator mount tabs on each side of the radiator. Now, the evotech-performance people offer a nice radiator stone guard for the Gladius but it's a whopping 50 pounds (nearing $100 US ?). I have obtained a piece of perforated aluminum from the local fabrication shop,1/16" thick, with perf holes at 1/4" size. I have slit some 5/16" black rubber vacuum hose to press over the cut edges of the aluminum, and will cinch it to the edges of the perf aluminum with several small black plastic cable ties each side once I cut it to size and then paint it flat black. This radiator guard I will then affix in front of the radiator utilizing those hanger tabs from the side plastics on each side of the radiator and a couple black ties each side, and voila, protected from radiator damage and I've spent $3.00 for that remnant of perf aluminum, and all is light weight as well.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interested in the final result Tom. Are you going to post some pictures when it's done.

Madjohn.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes madjohn, I will try and get a pic of the fabricated guard just before I install it, and then one with it mounted on the bike.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
got round to painting the grab handles. I am pleased how they have turned out.

Madjohn.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Madjohn, those grab handles do blend nicely now with the black in the tail section. As for my radiator guard - I've finished that radiator guard and took a pic of it before installation, and then a couple of it installed on the gladius. I've found out that my svrider forum profile apparently won't let me post attachments, which sucks. However, I would be happy to email the pics to you if you'd like. I'm quite happy with the result.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Madjohn, those grab handles do blend nicely now with the black in the tail section. As for my radiator guard - I've finished that radiator guard and took a pic of it before installation, and then a couple of it installed on the gladius. I've found out that my svrider forum profile apparently won't let me post attachments, which sucks. However, I would be happy to email the pics to you if you'd like. I'm quite happy with the result.

Just go to photobucket...you should be able to post them from there; I think.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Hello Tom, I've PM'ed you about them pics.

I've finished the side cover's and again I'm happy with the final out come. The only thing I want to do is hide the side stand cut out cables behind the frame.

Madjohn.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It looks pretty good Tom, Good effort. BTW have you got a nuff bikes in your garage, I'm sure you can fit one or two more in.;D

Madjohn.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Madjohn, I believe you have hit upon the quintessential question. There are just not enough spaces nor time for every pony I wish I could round up for the farm. Where to begin??? BMW R1200GS Adventure, KTM 690 SMC, Harley XR1200R...I'll take one of each please. And oh yeah, the next space available starts in the living room, followed by dining room and kitchen.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Is it just me, or would a Fender Eliminator and a set of clip-ons be pure sex? Almost ducati monster-ish.

Oh aye. Sounds like pure sex to me. The more i play around with my Gladie the more I'm falling in love with the bike.

Madjohn.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Madjohn, I believe you have hit upon the quintessential question. There are just not enough spaces nor time for every pony I wish I could round up for the farm. Where to begin??? BMW R1200GS Adventure, KTM 690 SMC, Harley XR1200R...I'll take one of each please. And oh yeah, the next space available starts in the living room, followed by dining room and kitchen.
I believe I would have a B-King, GSXR1000, and even thought I don't much like Ducati's, I think the 1098 is dam good looking i would lick it all over.

Madjohn.

1 - 20 of 626 Posts