Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quick update for the masses...
bike: 01 sv650 nekkid

Installed .90 springs and 20wt oil in the forks, set it all back with 5mm raise. A lot easier mod than i thought would be. It only took me about 2hours from start to finish. I used 2 concrete blocks, 2 jack stands and a long 2x4.
Ride: first impression, it is stiff. the turn in and precision are amazing. turning over bumps is also better, but the feedback is brutal. the rear really felt too low and soft compared to the front. awkward at best.

so i had time left over, decided to install my custom 97mm dogbones. same jack setup. even easier, 20mins tops.

Ride: holy shit, bike feels a lot more stable under full throttle, also i found myself riding a lot faster in general (not good). turn-in is a lot faster. the rear end still feels weird when going over bumps. I'll upgrade the rear soon.

last but not least, i rewired my dual headlights so that they both stay on at high beams (one 55/one 65) and only one (55W) when in low.

that is it. for this weekend.

next weekend: cf fender eliminator to replace Al. relocate front blinkers. relocate licence plate.

Soon to come: Vrod headlight, cf tail peice, and rear section panels (painted).

we are moving forward. I am getting evicted at the end of the month, so mods are gonna come to a halt for a bit.

still daily driving the beast ~85mi a day

Q

·
Registered
176 Posts
nice...nothing like spending a few hours of your weekend tinkering with the bike.

spent sat morning tightening all the chassis bolts to spec, did the TPS adjustment (dialed in at 1450 - w00t!), played around with the PCIII since it was installed earlier in the week, SV1K snorkel, and changed the oil + filter.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pics as i soon as i step out of the stoneage and get a digicam.

Q :roll:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts