Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I moved to Vegas about 7 months ago and im starting to think that it has taken the joy of riding out of me. I do not have a car, only the SV. Today I had to run several errands. I rode about 50 miles through the city in all. I just feel really burnt out. Watching my back, on high alert, stop and go traffic, and crazy drivers have really taken the fun out of riding.

just some thoughts
thanks for listening
- Jordan

·
Registered
827 Posts
It happens man. Sometimes you just need a break.

I only have the SV as well, my brother has my truck on loan (dayum, for awhile now that I think about it)......

The best for me was a one week break-----I lucked out on a car rental and drove it to & fro work and school.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I know exactly how you feel, I ride 3 freeways to work and ride 3-4 days a week to work/school. It gets to me after 3 days straight, then I take the car for one day and all is well. It's a constant back and forth. I get frustrated in my car if there's gridlocked traffic because if I were on my bike I'd be splitting lanes. On the other hand I'm grateful to have a car to break up the stress I feel from being so **** paranoid on my bike. I feel ya' man.

seriously? this site edits the word d-a-m-n?

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Haven't happened to me but I understand you....frustrating having to ride everyday and being aware of so much stuff can't even relax....fortunately I just ride my SV when I feel like going for a ride so I enjoy it. which is almost everyday lol

·
Registered
48 Posts
I felt the same way after riding down I-5 and I-80 through Sacramento to the North Bay. I hate drivers on the highway anyway, and they suck even more when they don't see you on a bike. Best thing, like others have said, is don't ride in stressful situations for a little while, have some fun out in the country... the love will come back!

·
Registered
78 Posts
All of my riding has been done in Japan. Bandit 400 on Okinawa, and the SV here in Misawa. I was stationed in DC for awhile, but didn't ride :( I started looking at the SV while there. As soon as I got over here I picked one up. I'll be heading back to the States in Jan, and am really kinda nervous bout riding in the States. This is such a "bike friendly" country. Plus, the mountain roads are great. Maybe I'm just being paranoid? -Mac

·
Registered
197 Posts
I agree with others that a break is needed - and probably safer if you're feeling burnt out.. I'd love to ride through Vegas - once lol.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I moved to Vegas about 7 months ago and im starting to think that it has taken the joy of riding out of me. I do not have a car, only the SV. Today I had to run several errands. I rode about 50 miles through the city in all. I just feel really burnt out. Watching my back, on high alert, stop and go traffic, and crazy drivers have really taken the fun out of riding.

just some thoughts
thanks for listening
- Jordan
I know the feeling. I had a F3 and a '92 Mazda which would break down all the time. If it wasn't needing some repairs my girlfriend was driving the Mazda because her car wasn't working. So, I pretty much rode my F3 for an entire year. At least you are in Vegas and not here in the Mid-West. Riding in twenty something degree weather is not fun.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Here in pdx oregon drivers r super courtious. They drive afraid to b near u and leave tons of room. Only stress is all the rain and beat up roads from studded tires

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Some places are worse than others to ride in. I can't ride for 6 months of the year because of snow, but I have roads to myself all the time (which I love).

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone for all of the comments. Unfortunately I am unable to take a break from riding since I am working 5-7 days a week with a 30 min commute both ways. It has been getting worse by the day. I might need to get a car and sell the bike until I can afford to have both. I am working at a dealership so between new bikes and trade ins, I am sure good deals will come my way. It makes me sad to think about not having a bike since I haven't been without some sort of motorcycle since i was 5 years old (now 23).

Thanks,
- Jordan

·
Registered
794 Posts
Dude, don't get rid of the bike. Buy yourself a cheap car, like $1K or less. If you're at all mechanically inclined, you could buy a car for $500 like I did years ago. Then with a little elbow grease and a couple hundred more have a reliable, and in my case, good looking, car.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
i agree, take a break. Last summer I got sick of my bike, because I was only use it to commute around town. Then I switched over to a sports car, drove that pretty much all late summer, fall and winter. Now I'm sick of it as well and can't wait to get back on the bike. Commuting ruins even the funnest of rides. In fact, I perfer to commute in my truck because it's such a treat to get back in my car or my bike.

·
Registered
48 Posts
You will regret letting go of the bike! Take a cab for a few days. It's a lot cheaper than trying to get a car!

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
I think selling the bike might not be a bad idea, but I would get something smaller/more fun. An SV1000S everyday in city traffic would get old quick.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Don't you guys buy groceries, microwaves, general cleaning products. I couldn't imagine not having a truck. I use it daily.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts