Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend parting out an 05 GSXr 600 and he has offered me the carbon fiber scorpion slip-on exhaust off of it. Will a slip-on designed for the GSXr work on my 04 SV650, with out damaging the v-twin motor? will i need some other modifications other than leak proofing the pipe??

If i am going to have to spend a bunch of $ to make it work I'd rather spend the $ on a slip-on designed for my SV.

Thanks in advance :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sure i can make it fit w/o too much problem the concern I had was more along the lines of if an exhaust designed for and inline 4 engine on the GSXr would be compatible with the V-twin sv650

G

·
A muffler is a muffler. A few people have even taken an OEM GSXR muffler and mounted it onto an SV (I know jbswear has for sure, and I've seen a few others here and there). Some have even mounted OEM cans from a Yamaha R6, and some have ordered aftermarket cans for the R6 as well (I think the pipe diameter is the same).

·
Registered
795 Posts
It would be nice to think that slip ons are designed with such care .... but they are not. What you ate for breakfast will likely have more effect on performance ...

The most difficult part of getting that GSX can to fit will be fabricating a mid pipe with the square connecting flange.

Good luck,
... Gregg

·
Registered
832 Posts
A quality exhaust shop should be able to fab a midpipe pretty quick to fit just about any slip-on. Probably for fairly cheap too. A place near me quoted $10 if i brought my own piece of 2" diameter stainless (they did not carry the stainless I wanted).

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
A quality exhaust shop should be able to fab a midpipe pretty quick to fit just about any slip-on. Probably for fairly cheap too. A place near me quoted $10 if i brought my own piece of 2" diameter stainless (they did not carry the stainless I wanted).
the place i went to charged me $20 and used a piece of scrap out of their bin. took about 15 minutes. i showed him the muffler, and where i wanted it on the midpipe, said something like 'i want this, right here.'

·
Registered
434 Posts
If you don't want to cut your stock exhaust, (the way things are going you never know when increased sound enforcement will require you to reinstall it....)I have one that has been professinally cut for sale from my 04. It had a Yosh slip on, but someone here already bought the end can and midpipe. I have both header pipes as well. Pm me if interested. ;D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts