Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm having a problem for the first time ever.  My bike is missing when it idols and when you are riding and give it gas it goes into safe mode.  Meaning that it doesn't make any more power, it just holds constant.  If you ride normal it's fine and runs good, but the second you give it gas, it's almost like a swictch kicks off and it's just a huge flat spot. 

The only thing I've changed - I changed the oil and washed it on Friday.  After I did this, I took it out for a ride and everything was fine.  I rode it normally for about 15 minutes and then parked it until today (sunday).  I can't imagine it's water in the spark plugs because it's had 2 days to dry out and I rode it right after I washed it. 

Also, I was almost out of gas, so maybe I got water in the gas. 

Any ideas?  oh and there are no error lights.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
The only thing I can think of is if you've done the TRE, a wire came loose in the assembly. But I think that brings up the FI error light along with going into safe mode, so I dunno.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
If the bike is actually going into safe mode, I dont think its a fuel richness problem. It sounds electrical. Besides the bike obviously losing power, what else leads ya to believe its in safe mode?

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
RedAggie03 said:
Yeah, I have the code sheet and the wire, but I can't find the damn plug!
The plug is near the fuse box towards the left side. Has a black rubber cover over the white plug (its not plugged into anything)

First thing I'd do is pull the PCIII, that'll tell ya if it has anything to do with the adjustments dealing with the PC.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
RedAggie03 said:
I found the white plug with the white cover, but it has 4 B/W wires going into it - which ones do I jump?
That doesnt sound like the right plug, it has a black cover, and 4 different colored wires going into it.  There is a black, white, gray and orange wire going into mine. However mine is a 2003, if that makes a difference. If it is the same, you jump the black and white.

Go look through the TPS tutorial, theres a pic of the plug http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?t=10245

·
Registered
629 Posts
not related but you mentioned you checked the oil and it was overfilled....did you crank the motor and get it good and warm then shut it down...wait approx 3 minutes and then check it? If you checked it cold and not doing the above then it will show it is slightly over filled.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've been having the same problem but mine threw the c28 code. Still can't figure out what's wrong after troubleshooting, we think something is wrong internally in the throttle body assembly so new ones are going on soon. :-\

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Lets hope it was just something simple...I fear electrical problems as they can just disappear like that and let you think its all good. Or they can be the stupidest thing ever like a plug that came unplugged or something.

·
Registered
571 Posts
glad to hear you are up and running again. hopefully it was a loose connection that you secured. the bad part about electrical problems is they can come back just as quickly as they left if you didn't totally fix it. a bad bump in the road and the loose connection could be back again.

but here's to hoping it stays gone.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
RedAggie. Have you given your bike a female name?

Symptoms include unexpainable mood swings and being a general PITA. After hours of attention the problem seemed to fix itself.

PMS?

If it isn't a shebike perhaps you've experienced the dreaded electrical gremlin. Put a string of garlic under your seat and pray they don't come back at the next full moon. (wait, that's warewovles, or is it vampires...)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.