Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering removing my mirrors to replace with bar ends, perhaps CRG's or similar. I find the OE mirrors very restricted in what you can see. Does anyone know how to remove the OE mirrors on an '03+, and any good suggestions on how to 'plug up' the holes in the fairing.

Thank you

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
pop the plastic covers off the heads of the screws and then remove with a hex/allen wrench.. its easy. covering the holes .. eh.. not sure. they make some block off plates for the gsxrs, maybe those would fit.. they should, cuz gsxr mirrors fit the svs.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Bar -end mirrors on a sv650S ? Those will probably end up being even less useful IMO. Unless, of course, you have changed the handlebars...
I mean, think about it. The way the handlebars are constructed and mounted , the mirrors will probably end up showing you the tail section of the bike !
Look at this picture:

Seems to me that adding bar-end mirros will only make it harder to see whats coming up behind you... and the way the bars are angled, it's gonna be a pain to look into the mirrors.
But then, I might be completely wrong and it might work... I dont know. Just thought I'd point out what I was thinking.

You might wanna look into some mirror extenders or get the stock '04/'05 gs500 mirros. They are a direct replacement and are slightly longer, so they work much better. One member here has done this. If I can find the link I'll post it here.

Mirror extenders:
http://www.chewys-stuff.co.uk/
http://www.zianet.com/GenMar/

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:idea:
Thanks Wonderjosh.

Also thanks to Wadaribaba. Actually I have CRG bar ends on my Thruxton, which has similar clip-ons, and they are excellent for rear view. However, I hadn't thought about mirror extenders. CRG's are about $180 and the mirror extenders are $45, if they work, it's a no-brainer. I'll extend the mirrors by an inch with a wooden block or similar, and if I can see more behind, then I'll get the spacers. Neat idea.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
another idea.. i think the mirrors on the new gsxrs and maybe the gs500 are an inch or two longer than the stock sv mirrors, might check those out.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I run extenders on my mirrors and get a clean view...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered the mirror extenders from chewysstuff.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Order the GS500F 2004 suzuki mirrors they are exact replacements for the stock ones except they are 1 inch longer thats what I did and am Very happy

·
Registered
118 Posts
wonderjosh said:
another idea.. i think the mirrors on the new gsxrs and maybe the gs500 are an inch or two longer than the stock sv mirrors, might check those out.
The GS500 mirrors are longer by 1" not the gsxrs only problem is the are set at a diffrent angle so no improvment. You need extenders.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
;)

I have CRG's on my Thruxton too, and they are great, but expensive. However, I have mirror extenders on my SV650S and they look and work very well. Cost I think was about $45 and received them from England in 3 or 4 days.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts