Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a post on the sv-portal that mentioned 1250 Bandit mirrors fit the SVS and have a longer stalk. Since my left mirror won't stay put, I decided to try them. Yes, they do fit, and yes, they are longer.

I'm taking off the Emgo mirrors that have been on the bike for about 5 years and putting on genuine Ebay mirrors. I'm way too cheap to actually buy Suzuki mirrors. You do have to turn the mirror and unbolt and flip the mount, as the bend at the base of the stalk is assembled so the bend goes up.

Off the bike:

On the bike, the door is directly behind my bike, stock mirror on the left:

With the stock mirrors, my shoulders block just over half the mirror, with the Bandit mirrors, about a quarter of the mirror is blocked. I'll let you know in a day or two if vibration is a problem.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Put some Delrin mirror extenders on there and you'll have the full view!

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
You do have to turn the mirror and unbolt and flip the mount, as the bend at the base of the stalk is assembled so the bend goes up.

Can you explain this a little better. I bought and installed these on a 2009 SV650SF. It didn't seem to make much of a difference. But I didn't unbolt or flip anything. It didn't really make sense to me when I had them both off the bike. The new mirrors definitely sit up higher but not really wider. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts