Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a great deal on an almost new set of Helibars for my '08 SVS, all the original paper work, even the warrantee card was included.

Only took about an hour to install. The difference is visible, especially the 1" rear movement.

The issue I have run into is the Brake line now rides the pinch bolt on the triple clamp.

Anyone else have this issue with the Helibars? Anything short of cutting the stop to rotate the brake line?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Got a great deal on an almost new set of Helibars for my '08 SVS, all the original paper work, even the warrantee card was included.

Only took about an hour to install. The difference is visible, especially the 1" rear movement.

The issue I have run into is the Brake line now rides the pinch bolt on the triple clamp.

Anyone else have this issue with the Helibars? Anything short of cutting the stop to rotate the brake line?
the helibar fitting instructions tell you to rotate the controls 180degrees, you can view the fitting instructions on there website.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
the helibar fitting instructions tell you to rotate the controls 180degrees, you can view the fitting instructions on there website.
I'm having the same issue (sorry to bring up an old thread, especially since I haven't visited in so long). I think I may be confused then, I'm not seeing how to rotate the brake lever 180 degrees... I have the same instructions as on their website and I'm still confused cuz it only says to rotate the connectors... ???

Forgive me if I'm missing the blatantly obvious :( :( :(

Help! ;D

·
Registered
95 Posts
I don't know what it means to rotate the brake controls 180 degrees either. they may be referring to the hose to be put ion the other side of the stop. I just posted on the same topic here...

http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=106973&highlight=lever+angle

You can review the thread, but in the end, I bought a dremel style tool today and the cable stop is coming off tonight!!!

I looked at other suzuki models at the dealer, not all have the cable stop. It seems they add it on the faired bikes to make it easier to torque down the banjo bolt, as it is hard to get the hands in there, but it is not required and the cruisers don't even have one....

I think I can cut it off as installed on the bike and then I hope the hose will just turn enough. If not, I will back it off just a bit so as to not allow air into the system turn and retorque.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Already tried rotating the controls.

Problem has been resolved. I have reinstalled the stock clip ons and put the SV up for sale, just bought a brand new K8 GSXR-600.

SV and the Helibars are up for sale.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
that is exactly the problem!! I have a dremel but was holding it back as a last resort. Looks like grinding it is.

:(

I don't know what it means to rotate the brake controls 180 degrees either. they may be referring to the hose to be put ion the other side of the stop. I just posted on the same topic here...

http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=106973&highlight=lever+angle

You can review the thread, but in the end, I bought a dremel style tool today and the cable stop is coming off tonight!!!

I looked at other suzuki models at the dealer, not all have the cable stop. It seems they add it on the faired bikes to make it easier to torque down the banjo bolt, as it is hard to get the hands in there, but it is not required and the cruisers don't even have one....

I think I can cut it off as installed on the bike and then I hope the hose will just turn enough. If not, I will back it off just a bit so as to not allow air into the system turn and retorque.

·
Registered
95 Posts
yep, I cut mine tonight with a cutting disc. worked just fine. I did it right on the bike too. I then had to back the banjo bolt out just a touch to get some movement. The repositioning was done, tightened it all up and it is SO MUCH BETTER. I will post up some pictures shortly...

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
yep, I cut mine tonight with a cutting disc. worked just fine. I did it right on the bike too. I then had to back the banjo bolt out just a touch to get some movement. The repositioning was done, tightened it all up and it is SO MUCH BETTER. I will post up some pictures shortly...
AWESOME. First opportunity today the dremel is coming out and that sucker is coming OFF!

·
Registered
95 Posts
the results!!

A little adjustment makes a bit difference. i am going to do some further fine tuning, angleing down a bit more and sliding the lever in a bit and it should be perfecto.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
the results!!

A little adjustment makes a bit difference. i am going to do some further fine tuning, angleing down a bit more and sliding the lever in a bit and it should be perfecto.
I'm heading out to the garage as we speak ;)

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I'm heading out to the garage as we speak ;)
Sucess!

Took about 10 minutes (half of that time was finding an extension cord for the Dremel lol).

With the offending metal tab:

Choosing my weapon:

MUCH better:

Rotated brake lever (finally):

·
Registered
437 Posts
Today I installed the helibars I purchased from Mrtwo. I want to thank everyone here because without you that brake line flange would have driven me nuts.

I too removed it with the Dremel. I must say that a high-speed cutting disc millimeters from my brake line was a bit unnerving but I cut 9/10ths of the way through and then it snapped right off with a pair of needle-nosed pliers.

Thanks all!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts