Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i know that if you consistently take your bike out for short trips, the battery never really gets recharged...i never had that problem since i would just take it out for longer spins...but now with gas going crazy i want to start commuting to work, which is less than 10 miles away...would that be too short of a distance? maybe i could take a long way to work, what would be the minimum distance or minimum amount of time the engine should be running for the battery to charge?

·
Registered
551 Posts
i think you should be fine...if you are really that worried or for chance your bike does die on you... throw it on a trickle charger at night once or twice a week.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
10 miles trips are ok, the once you have to watch out for are the ones that are less than 2 miles unless you let your bike warm up a bit

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
+1 on what Randy said, and if you are letting the bike warm up properly (I go untill it hits 110+, others say 140) before hopping on and going, you should be fine. Wish my job was only 10 miles or less away. Gotta find a way to convince them to build a new plant in my county...

·
Registered
469 Posts
My job is roughly 2 miles away. I live/work on military base. This is bad for a bike? I worry about in the mornings because I leave for work at 4:50am. Not neighbor friendly and I'd imagine adding a holeshot exhaust won't help any with that issue. :-\

·
Registered
284 Posts
I ride 2 minutes to school and back twice daily. I could pretty easily walk but I'd much rather have the option of coming home to scarf down food between classes (or maybe empty my tanks in the privacy of my own bathroom). Besides I get and extra 7 minutes of sleep this way. The point is... no battery problems yet.

-josh

1 - 10 of 10 Posts