Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to the track scene and i'm heading toward's track school April 18th at Streets of willow and my stock dunlops are showing their wear lines already so i wanted to switch out my tires now.

The problem is i commute with the SV everyday from school to work, so it'll be at most 30 miles worth of commuting each day for 5 days out of the week. I was wondering if I swap my Conti Road Attacks now (new ones) would the tires still be track acceptable if I put around 400 miles on them?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Hey guys, I'm new to the track scene and i'm heading toward's track school April 18th at Streets of willow and my stock dunlops are showing their wear lines already so i wanted to switch out my tires now.

The problem is i commute with the SV everyday from school to work, so it'll be at most 30 miles worth of commuting each day for 5 days out of the week. I was wondering if I swap my Conti Road Attacks now (new ones) would the tires still be track acceptable if I put around 400 miles on them?
it won't be a problem, especially if you put a few extra pounds in them for your commuting miles (which you should do anyway if it's mostly highway).

·
Registered
597 Posts
mmmk i'll run 38 and see how it goes =P, sounds a bit stiff though!
They will feel stiffer and you won't have max traction, but for less aggressive commuting miles it will work fine and help you avoid a flat strip down the middle. There are always trade-offs, but your priority is preserving them for the trackday, right?

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
I run my ContiRoad Attacks at 36F/39R for my commute. I have about 6,500 miles on them, the front is hardly showing any wear and the rear has about 3,500 to 4,000 left on it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts