Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The OEM turn signals are fugly. I put on some "mini winkers" with clear lens. Makes the bike look much sportier. Here's a pic

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
The main thing wrong with mini signals and I'm talking pretty much all of them is they aren't bright enough at all. I bought some Rizoma knock offs that are bright enough for me but still not the same brightness as actual Rizomas.

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
The oem units are a product of function over form.
^ this

If you are going to use something no one will notice, might as well leave them off and use hand signals. :dontknow:

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Just in case you didn't think the SV was girly enough, you can add "winkers" :rolleyes:

I took the low profile turn signals off my bike when I got it and went back to stock. I like being seen

·
Registered
484 Posts
I have mini blinkers on, put aluminum foil in them and they seem brighter than my stock signals... Might just be in my head, but as far as I can tell Its more visible at night compared to my stock units.

During the day time no one seems to see me anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle - I can't believe my iPhone can use a Motorcycle

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Winkers, haven't heard that term before.
Got 'em from a company in the UK. That's what they called them.

If you are going to use something no one will notice, might as well leave them off and use hand signals. :dontknow:
I do normally use hand signals with the turn signals, but leaving the off is not an option (at least in MN) because turn signals are required by law.

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
I don't think so. (Note: see signiture)

I looked in to it for getting my track bike road legal (I'm mn as well) Only required equipment is head light, tail light, tach or speedometer, and plate light if it is after dark for a custom bike. What makes a bike custom... undefined. :dontknow:

If you want to follow the laws for a factory bike... hope you still have your fender extended beyond your rear tire, blinkers are 4 inches or more to either side of center, you left your reflects on both sides and rear, etc.....

We all make chooses, it is just best to know which laws your breaking.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Just in case you didn't think the SV was girly enough, you can add "winkers" :rolleyes:

I took the low profile turn signals off my bike when I got it and went back to stock. I like being seen
"HAI GUWYS CHECK OUT MY SPORTY WINKERS!"

Love it :)

All said and done though they do look nicer - but I went back to my stock signals... I haven't found anything else that's visible enough (even friend's rizomas are next to impossible to see in daylight...)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts