Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 naked SV650 / 38,465 miles no worries :) run's great. Have only had to replace tries pilot road 4s. Have done some mods, suspension and penske rear shock / Delkevic pipe and some little add on's. Just curiouos what to expect down the road as I roll on the miles ? ( Thanks )

·
Super Moderator
3,477 Posts
Just smiles. Sounds like like you're off to a good start. I bought my '08 new, and all I have done is change oil, tires and sprockets.

Every 15,000 miles the valve clearances should be checked. Coolant and brake fluid may be overdue for a change. If you know the history on these few items....:eek:ccasion14:

Welcome!

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Well, I have less miles than you (34000), but the bike still runs like it was new (better, even). Talk to me in a few years when I expect to have close to 100000.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sold my 2005 with 100,000 on the clock. It was OK had replaced the forks, rear discs and a coil.

My 09 has 36,000 on the clock with no worries.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Somewhere north of 61,000 on my 2000. It was not the only bike in the stable at any given time, but for many years my go-to bike. It now plays a secondary role, but still gets out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
47k on my 09 naked. Still fully original (same shock, springs and brake lines).
She's getting a bit rusty and shows her miles when riding 2 up.
Wonder if I should invest and get her in shape or just move on when she dies.

·
Registered
8 Posts
18,500 miles on my '05 650S - one of the fork oil seals has just gone, so it's haemorrhaging oil onto the tyre - luckily I just bought it and it has a warranty, so it's back to the dealership tomorrow!
Other than that, it rides like an absolute dream.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
06' with 38,000 miles. Haven't had much time to ride recently, but took her out for 100 mile canyon ride last week, running great.

I do a Blackstone Labs oil analysis with every oil change, which is maybe once a year. Results have been great.

You can buy a low mileage SV motor online for about $500 or so. I'm not worried if I ever grenade this motor, though my oil analysis shows that is currently unlikely.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
First thanks to everybody that has responded and shared the info.! :) It's about what i expected with the SV, what a great bike for the money. Just got my
puig windshield the other day, and it really made a huge improvement. Took the wind off my shoulders and no head buffing either!! And it don't look bad, actually looks pretty good for what it is. I did take it off for riding and playing around locally. But will really come in handy for our trip's we take to Panama City Fla. a couple time's a year!! :)

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
2003 SV with a bit over 220,000 miles. Original motor replaced t 113,000. 2006 motor with 107,000 miles on it.
Bike is running well, burning a little oil until warm. Going to try to get another season or two before perhaps another motor swap.
Bike has been down three times, repaired each time with minor damage (to the bike lol)

·
Registered
37 Posts
02 sv650s with a little over 31k miles. 1-2 second gear shift has become unpredictable. Lots of surprise neutral rev bombs. Aside from that she is running well.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
2003 SV with a bit over 220,000 miles. Original motor replaced t 113,000. 2006 motor with 107,000 miles on it.
Bike is running well, burning a little oil until warm. Going to try to get another season or two before perhaps another motor swap.
Bike has been down three times, repaired each time with minor damage (to the bike lol)
I retired my nekid red 99, 10 years ago when I brought mine in for 135k service, original engine was still running well, but using oil, I thought of a rebuild or engine replacement, but between that and original suspension and a deal they offered me $7k for brand new V-strom 1000(07 model year,)not a leftover), I took the V-strom and brought the SV home as parts, still have it, thinking someday it will be a SV, bobtail motard project

I don't put anywhere near the 30k-35k/yr. on anymore. about a year later, I sold my office and built a home office, so 12k-15k in commuting no longer exists, still use my V-strom as a business vehicle, but don't get to do as much weekend pleasure riding, so my annual mileage is only 10k-15k. Last summer, I made another deal with my dealer, bartered a '15 Kymco UXV450i side by side for some consulting.

·
Registered
8 Posts
50 000 miles/ 80 000 kms on my 2003 sv650s
running really smooth had a hyosung gt650 before i put on 40 000 kms before the piston blew, the SV seems more strong than the Hyosung in all aspects plus much smoother, though the Hyo will always have a special place in my heart.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts