Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spring is here, so it's time for new tires. I've been riding using the Z6 for two my last two sets, and I've been very happy with them. They wear slowly, but they do lose that great drop in when you turn pretty quickly. I really like a tire which will drop in quickly, and then just sit at whatever lean angle you set without further needed input.

I've been doing research on what to get now, and it looks like the RoadSmarts are the new hotness. Hopefully someone has ridden both the Z6 and the RoadSmart and can tell me how they compare.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
The Road Smarts do have steeper sides so they do drop in quicker then the Z6. I've had 2 sets of Z6s and now am rolling on a Road Smart rear. I will say the RS do heat up quickly, stick very well and have great road manors. So far after approx 1500 miles I'm very happy with them. I haven't had a chance to run them in the rain to compare them to the rock solid wet grip of the Z6s but overall I'd say the RS are the winner.

I don't know how the newer Z6 interact compares to the older Z6 tire but metzler says it's better it should be a winner too. However I really wish they had gone with the dual/tri compound design. Give my a Z6 center with a softer shoulder closer to the M1/M3 compound and it's all WIN!! But they didn't and I think the Road Smart is closer to that set in the Dunlop world.

:)

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone else?

·
Registered
448 Posts
No, but im in the same boat and trying to decide between the RS and Z6 interact. Maybe price will decide for me as everyone rides different.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I run a Z6 currently; and other than the stocks I've had no other reference. But I'm in love with the Metzeler's. They provided greater grips than my stocks ever had. I'm roughly 4000 mi into them now and they have little wear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts