Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear roadtec tire is at about 6000 miles and am just at the tire wear indicators i like to see what most people are getting.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I have well over 10k on it, and though it's starting to square significantly, I still have plenty of tread left. I check my tire pressure fairly regularly.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have about 2K on mine and have tons of tread, sorry I am not much help....

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
I have about 6300 on mine and tons of tread left.
its squaring off some because I commute on it a bit, but its seen its share of corners as well.
i expect another 3k out of it at least

·
Registered
90 Posts
I only got 4400 miles from my last one, and I checked my pressure fairly regularly:(
I was pretty disappointed because i'd read on here that most people got at least twice that much. I guess maybe canadian pavement is coarser than US pavement, accelerating wear.

I'd like to know the riding styles (speeds, aggresiveness) of those that get 8-10K miles on their z6.

I'm fairly agressive, sort of.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I killed my last one by doing 1200 miles of slab, then turning around and doing 300 miles more at significantly low pressure. Still had some tread left on the sides, and I still have my front, although it starting to get square and somewhat worn.
I will qualify my experiance with the fact that I ride like a pansy, virgin knee pucks and generally under twice the speed limit on the backroads.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I got 4,000 very aggressive miles out of mine (NO burnouts). I was a little lazy on keeping up with the tire pressure though.

-josh

1 - 10 of 10 Posts