Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recieved the set I ordered, and can't wait to get them installed Wednesday.
Stock sixes front and rear.
I am just wondering who else has these tires, and what do you think of them.
I plan to write a little review after my first good ride. I can't wait.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Good tires. A little quick-wearing, but good tires. Stick as good as anything out there. Don't worry about your chicken strips, either. The rear has a very steep profile, and I've never seen anyone get to the edge of them. I probably had an inch on both sides until the trip to the gap this year. Now it's half that, and I can't imagine leaning over much farther on anything but the track. I need a new rear after about 4000 miles (I think), and would have liked a little more. Front is fine.

What are you coming off of, tire-wise?

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Good, sticky tire. Excellent street/trackday tire. Somewhat painfully short in wear life, though. My rear tires lasted ~4,000 miles.

I went through two sets before switching to the new Z6.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ruefus,what kind of mileage are you geting on the rear z6?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am finally getting off the 220s that were on the bike when I bought it.
There are about 5500 miles on them, but the guy I bought the bike from never did anything but a straight line, and I couldn't get them to get a little less square, cuz wow did they square off, both front, and rear.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I put an M1 on the front when my stock tire picked up a screw. I find that it "howls" at around 60mph. The howl has not gotten any better at the tire wears.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts