Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
_ to post comments view this thread _

http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=116239

^_^

<lazy readers update>
bikes current condition

sonic spring .95 springs + emulators, zx-10 shock, scorpion can, knn filter,

___

So i got my sv back in november of 08. 800 bucks... i wish i had a picture of it when i first got it .. it was a salvage of course.. front fairings were smashed up, guy had put a new tank (not matching of course)

i had to drive it home with the choke fully open the carbs were soo bad.

first things first i fixed the body work and sprayed primer black. hacked away at the rear fender. cleaned the carbs, new front tire... put on a scorpion can, and im left with this

now i dont think it looks bad... but i just felt like it wasnt complete..

of course primer black doesnt stay very nice for long.. so i continued to paint it but still wasnt satisfied

i added ss brake lines

changed out the leds, put in a new windscreen, and led mirrors

still didnt like the way it looked.. so i added a hugger and belly pan.. and then i started to be happy with it.. it needed the belly pan

heres where an escalade merged into me.

now for the ugly paint scheme...

let me tell you... going from black to white .. aint fun.. haha

now i like the look, time for performance to match

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so i gave myself an early b day present

i had already put on the perelli diablos.. which were GIGANTICALLY BETTER than stock rubber..

i grabbed a zx-10 limited edition shock, .95 sonic springs, and those cheap knock off harley emulators..

my adjustable caps after everything was put in...

was a b.i.t.c.h. to get that zx-10 shock in.. but everythings in.. and rides beautifuly

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so i got hit on the freeway the day after my birthday in november

so im going naked / white again

finally got all my parts and starting putting it back together

couldn't get them all on before i had to go to bed

- got rid of front fairings / dash / mirrors

- added - r6 projector housing, vapor gauge, 4 new turn signals, dyno kit, and undertail
all painted legit

but the i wired the god **** vapor wrong so my turn signals now work as hazards .... gotta fix that tonight and finish it up

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so --- i finished it, well almost, flyscreen is being painted,

im very happy with the way it turned out - except for my headlight pointing ever so slightly to the left - 0_o

I gotta couple of observations i want your highly classy opinions :naughty:

first off - going from an S where the headlights are always pointing forward, to having them on othe forks is a biiig difference to me - its like im using a search light - im not really used to it and i feel like im a dick pointing my light at people -

second -my vapor dash - im happy with it, but not thriilled -
-backlight stays on for 20 seconds after shut down,
- the dash board lights are verrry hard to see in some lights
- the rpm and mph dont update as smoothly as i hoped

third - me being the more aerodynamic thing on the bike, really hasn't made a big difference, i felt it a little more above 70 mph, (im not sure how accurately i programed my vapor) but overall the give of the not having a wind screen to duck under, seems to balance out by the take of not having a heavy front end, the bike feels waay more sporty and flickable -

overall i think it looks great and feels great - just gotta work out some kinks - I didnt how ever really recoupe my costs at all for selling my s fairings - but still worth it imo -not i wanna get some hand guards like MavryK :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts