Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, love this forum and have been an avid fan for some time now.

I am looking for a good mechanic and am wondering if any other sv riders know of someone in the metro area.

Need very basic things done right now. Would rather do the work myself, but I don't have a dedicated space to replace springs and oil in the forks. I'd rather pay and not miss a single day of nice weather!

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
I can't give any personal recomendations since I have used guys outside of the city whenever I've needed to take it to a shop but I will say - AVOID CYCLE THERAPY!!!! - they are hacks and will feck something up. I've heard good things about Speed Cycles on the UES but like I said, have never used them.

Try posting up in the NE regional forum, some members hang out there more often.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.

Camrod, midtown west, is the cheapest by far. $120 for spring replacement and new oil. (I'll provide the springs) Say they'll replace the seals too. A little too good to be true since this is about $100 less than anywhere else. Either they're hard up or they just want to get my bike dismantled and in the shop. Anyone know anything about them?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Thanks for the info.

Camrod, midtown west, is the cheapest by far. $120 for spring replacement and new oil. (I'll provide the springs) Say they'll replace the seals too. A little too good to be true since this is about $100 less than anywhere else. Either they're hard up or they just want to get my bike dismantled and in the shop. Anyone know anything about them?
they are probably hard up. Was going to buy my sv from them but king cycles in brooklyn gave me a better deal. They had a fire sometime last fall and are just now rebuilding. The guy was very nice and not pushy at all, but I just got a better deal in BK, but I wouldn't mind going back there.

When I sold my last old ass bike, he got it inspected by camrod without a problem. That's actually an amazing price as far as I'm concerned, but make sure to get that estimate in writing before you hand them the keys. It'd be worth $100(which is the price after oil) to have them go through the hassle instead of me when and if I decide to do that.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I almost bought a bike from them, too, actually sat on my first sv there. Everyone I spoke to was great, but I have never dealt with the repair side of things with them. In writing, good call.

On bike. Seems really cheap. Maybe they think they can do it in an hour?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts