Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cruising down the freeway about 80mph on my 06 SV650 and see a sport bike (think GSXR) in the opposite fast lane coming towards me... when he saw me, he put his left arm up and patted the top of his helmet with an open hand.... Anyone know what that is supposed to mean?? i was confused

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
I never knew that, thanks internet. :)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Yea.. usually it means cops.. but could also be 'heads up'. Either way.. slow down..lol.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
I never knew that, thanks internet. :)
Oh yeah really. Now they even use regular looking unmarked cars, trucks and SUVs to catch speeders and bikers.

Watch out for those Chargers with really dark tinted windows.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Don't speed near Oklahoma City. They have two Hayabusas..

·
Registered
97 Posts
Oh yeah really. Now they even use regular looking unmarked cars, trucks and SUVs to catch speeders and bikers.

Watch out for those Chargers with really dark tinted windows.
Living in the middle of nowhere helps with that, as we've only got a minimal police force. I don't think they've got any unmarked cars though, but they do have a Charger, bought specifically to catch bikes :(! The rest are more obvious though.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Last fall, on our last road trip of the season we were "saved" by some very nice riders kind enough to warn of LEO's ahead!

We were running late, and nearing the area where the twisties would begin, hence the necessity for "cruising" at 100mph. I was leading on the SV, with a Busa and F4i in tow.

Coming over a ridge, I extended my arm to wave to some oncoming sport riders. They quickly signalled with a tap on the helmet, along with some other more obvious warnings. Thank goodness they did, as just over the next rise was a police cruiser waiting for somebody just like us.

He must have known we'd been warned because we were going EXACTLY the speed limit when he saw us. As a result, he followed us for the next 10 miles, presumably checking plates,etc., and then turned off.

Thank goodness for the good old "Biker Wave"

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
They've had the second one a few years. From what I've heard they seized the first from a drug dealer and bought the second with money seized from a drug dealer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts