Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Which date is best?

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to cancel tomorrow's meet. My arms are pretty nasty right now, and the rash won't be cleared up by tomorrow.

Pick a date, or all three. Whichever has the most votes will get the nod.

This is why:

And that's just my left arm...

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
Oh for the love of... that looks friggin terrible. :eek:

If you start craving brains or faces, you know what I have to do.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I can't do the 30th or the 7th, i pick-up my daughter and drop her off those dates.

I can't see the picture at work.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Poison ivy. That's the worst of it. Have it also on my right arm, but the blisters are much smaller and less angry looking. Two small patches on my torso, and several small spots on my legs. Also on my left ear and the back of my head. It blows goats!

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
It blows goats!
Is that a comment on how bad it is, or an explanation of how you got it? :dontknow:

Lol, sorry dude. You kinda walked into that. Hope the stuff the doc gave you starts clearing it up. It puts the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose again.

·
Registered
480 Posts
The 7th works for me since I'll have my daughter on the other weekends

·
Registered
327 Posts
Can't make any of them... Got a NY trip planned next weekend and the other two are getting too close to my CISSP exam the weekend of the 14th.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Gotta learn to recognize poison oak/ivy out of the corner of your eye. If you think you might have been exposed, WASH with detergent (dish soap) or harsh soap (Fels-naptha) as soon as possible. Wash your clothes and your dog as well. You can get off easy that way.
At least it wasn't like a couple I know that had a little romp in the woods and got it....well, you know,....everywhere.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm leaning more towards the 7th to allow peeps to plan for it (and to give me time to ensure the house is clean). Not that you guys care, but the missus does.

Oh, and I'm gonna call in a couple favors...or one favor from a few of you guys. I've gotta put the Shovel on hold until next summer--money for it has dried up. I want to move it to the shed so it isn't taking up space in the garage.

So get ready to help me haul it out back!

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
7th or 14th, I'll be there as I have something else to do in the area. I just have to decide if I'm going to do it before or after.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Ok, so I can probably make the 7th if you do that.

If anyone wants some .95 RaceTech springs and emulators for cheap(ish), I can rip the forks out and bring them along to help you install them (I swear it will be faster this time!). About 300 miles on them before I pulled a bonehead move that bent the forks.

Or if anyone has some non-bent 2nd gen forks, I am definitely in the market if I don't source a GSXR front end by then.

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
you should never burn poison ivy. The oils that turned brads arms into that mess get in your lungs and you can die.
That's what the Chem-Suit is for. :)

Take this

Plus this

And presto! No more poison ivy. :)

Might want to warn the neighbors first though....

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
do the emulators make a big difference?

does anyone have ss brake lines they want to sell?
I'm not sure if the emulators themselves make that much difference, because I went from stock to different oil, springs, and emulators in one big step. Altogether, I would say that it's a major improvement.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts