45% Member
7,585 Posts
MDHavers?

In Soviet Russia* MD has YOU!

(*Also known as PG County)

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
So far that weekend looks open but I have nothing to do on a brand new bike lol Could consider putting some new cables on my wife's bike. Her clutch seems to be harder to pull than it should be. I lubed the cable and it helped but I feel like it should be easier. I will talk to her and see.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stainless brake lines have a woven stainless jacket running down them. It may or may not be covered with a clear or colored plastic tube. A non-SS line is just the regular black rubber line.

Did you buy it new or used? If new, call the dealership. If used, and you still have the PO's number, call him.

Some images from Google:

www.galferusa.com

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Thanks! Its brand new and I am going up there Friday to get my first service done so I can ask then. What difference do the lines make as far as performance?

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I figured I should get the initial service done there so they can check everything over and make sure there are no problems during the break in period. Everyone I have talked to recommends getting the first service done by the dealership. The rest will be done by me.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
It seems I will be missing the second maint day in a row! Bummer, but this is because I'll be riding NCBike with TPM. :D

I guess that's an alright excuse. Lol

Have fun and I wish y'all luck in your maintenance endeavors!

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
If you wish...but the manual will tell you what you need to do...for free (plus cost of fluids).

(edit)

You'll get to know the bike better if you do it.
I still need to get my hands on a service manual for this bike before I start doing too much myself. I havent been able to find one yet either free or to pay for. It is the same as the 2011 but I cannot find one for that either. I just like having the piece of mind that the bike was thoroughly checked over and I broke it in properly at this point. I will find a reason to come down as long as nothing fills my schedule. I will have my GPS setup by then as well so it will be a good excuse to test everything out.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I will be there. I have about 6300 on the ninja, so I'm going to be a little early for the valve check. Better early than late though I figure.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I wanted to come get my chain replaced but its gotten so bad I'm not going to ride it until its fixed. Found a local shop with awsome reviews who quoted $350 parts and labor for RK sprokets and XRing Chain. Yea I know its expensive but A. Needs to be done asap, chain is about to break, B. dont have stand and rivet and C don't have an impact to get the nut loose.

Is this one going to be at your house brad?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.